TPH recommends dismissal of North York school students following COVID-19 investigation – .

0
12
Another Toronto school closed due to coronavirus outbreak – .


An investigation into the transmission of COVID-19 at a North York school has prompted health officials to recommend the temporary dismissal of students from next week.

Toronto Public Health said on Friday evening that following an ongoing COVID-19 investigation, students at the Eitz Chaim – Viewmount branch, located just south of Bathurst Street and Glencairn Avenue, should not not attend classes or activities in person as of December 6.

“We recommend a dismissal of the entire school as a precautionary measure to protect staff, students and the community from further transmission of COVID-19 within the school,” TPH said in a tweet.

TPH said it was working with the school to notify close contacts and asked those affected to stay home, watch for symptoms and get tested.

Meanwhile, TPH also said it has identified at least two cases of COVID-19 linked between St. Pius X CS, Our Lady of Sorrow CS and Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati CS, leading the agency to declare outbreaks in these settings. .

“We are carefully investigating and following our process of working with our school community to inform close contacts,” TPH said.

At the same time, TPH said a French school in Etobicoke that was forcibly closed due to a COVID-19 outbreak last month was given the green light to reopen on Monday. Students at Micheline-Saint-Cyr elementary school are encouraged to continue screening for symptoms of COVID-19 and rapid antigenic tests are offered as an “additional layer of protection”.

Another 172 cases of COVID-19 were reported in Ontario schools as of Friday. Currently, 792 of the province’s 4,844 schools have a confirmed case of the novel coronavirus and nine schools are closed as a result.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here