Max Verstappen brakes Lewis Hamilton as Red Bull apologizes – .

Max Verstappen penalized as Lewis Hamilton accuses his rival of going too far in Saudi Arabia – .

Verstappen and Hamilton enter final level of F1 season on points

This F1 season’s final is almost here before Abu Dhabi this week and the sport has reached feverish levels after the drama in Saudi Arabia as Lewis Hamilton defeated Max Verstappen to equalize in the battle to become the F1 world champion. 2021.

Hamilton and Verstappen are tied on points heading into the final race after Hamilton’s chaotic victory in Jeddah, which came after the two clashed several times, including physical contact when Verstappen suddenly slowed down under orders from let Hamilton pass him, having illegally retained the lead earlier in the night. Hamilton was unprepared and hit his rival’s back, damaging his front wing. Six laps later, Verstappen finally gave the lead to Hamilton, who took the win.

The result means Hamilton, chasing his eighth world title, is tied on points with Verstappen, continuing his debut championship in what is sure to be a stellar Formula 1 career. heads to this weekend’s final in Abu Dhabi. with everything to play. Follow all the latest news and updates below.

1638955832

Wolff dismisses accusations of ‘bogus’ rivalry between Hamilton and Verstappen

“It’s absolutely authentic because there is so much at stake,” Wolff told the F1 Nation podcast. “They are ambitious people, ambitious teams who are really fighting tooth and nail for this championship.
“Once you are there, there is simply no capacity in your mind to even create space for another person. At least for me I have no negative or positive emotions [towards Horner] but i try to really stay at this place.
“Sometimes I got carried away when I heard a comment that annoyed me, but only twice this season. The rest is not an emotion, neither positive nor negative.
“You can’t have a relationship just because there is so much at stake. Everyone is trying to stand up for the interests of the team. We’re also very different personalities, the way we probably see the world. And I try to stay true to what I think is right and he does it his way. Maybe in the future we can laugh about it, but not today.
Jack RathbornDecember 8, 2021 9:30 AM
1638955252

Wolff insists respect for Horner will return after title fight

“I think we’ll show respect after the championship win, both ways,” the Mercedes team principal said on the F1 Nation podcast.
“My expectations were lower [for winning] because after Mexico – we didn’t even think we would be in the championship race.
“In a way, we still have that feeling and I have that feeling that we just have to earn. If we were really in that position, I think, as passionate as it may be between individuals, I think it will subside. “
Jack RathbornDecember 8, 2021 9:20 AM
1638953729

Albon: the battle between Hamilton and Verstappen in Jeddah was the “height of chaos”

“I think it’s getting ready, and with each race it gets more and more stirred up and you think, ‘okay, that was close’,
“And we’ve had it a few times this year, but it was the height of – I don’t know what you call it – I feel like it’s kind of a chaos, to be honest with you.” .
“I like it, I think we all like it, but it seems like a lot has been done in the stewards” [room] rather than on the right track.
Jack RathbornDecember 8, 2021 8:55 AM
1638951734

Max Verstappen has been called a ‘bad sportsman’ after leaving F1 podium without taking part in the celebrations

Verstappen finished second to defending rival Lewis Hamilton in Jeddah after a controversial and conflicting race which included couple contact when Verstappen suddenly slowed down to let the Briton pass under the stewards.
The result saw Hamilton equal points with the young Dutchman, who is aiming for his first-ever world title while Hamilton is aiming for a record eighth. Their fight for the championship will be decided in the last race of the season, in Abu Dhabi this weekend.
Jack RathbornDecember 8, 2021 8:22 AM
1638951106

Marko apologizes and accepts that Verstappen braked Hamilton in Jeddah

“At the time of the TV interview, I conveyed exactly the information I had previously received from the engineers,” said Helmut Marko. f1-insider.com.
“They clearly weren’t right, so I’m sorry. “
The Red Bull advisor first said: “We believe we have been treated unfairly. We are working to prove that Max’s brake pressure didn’t increase when he crashed with Hamilton, ”said the Austrian.
“Hamilton just misjudged and got into Max’s car. Unfortunately, this left two big cuts in our rear tire. That’s why we couldn’t attack anymore.
Jack RathbornDecember 8, 2021 8:11 AM
1638951014

The Saudi Arabian Grand Prix fight was a “rental kart”, according to Jacques Villeneuve

Formula 1 risks becoming a “Hollywood spectacle” after the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix has turned into “rental karting”, warned former world champion Jacques Villeneuve.
He sets up an exciting end-of-season Abu Dhabi Grand Prix with Hamilton and Verstappen at points level following one of the most spectacular campaigns in recent memory.
Jack RathbornDecember 8, 2021 8:10 AM
1638950988

Ross Brawn defends FIA Stewards against Saudi Arabian Grand Prix decisions

Jack RathbornDecember 8, 2021 8:09 AM
1638950949

Max Verstappen warned he “can’t defend himself” against Lewis Hamilton’s pace at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

The seven-time world champion had the long-term advantage in the first-ever Saudi Arabian Grand Prix and was almost a second faster than Verstappen in sectors one and two of the Jeddah Corniche Circuit.
Jack RathbornDecember 8, 2021 8:09 AM