F1 result as Hamilton defeats Verstappen after rivals collide in chaotic F1 race – .

Lewis Hamilton says ‘we must pressure’ Saudi Arabia over human rights

Lewis Hamilton won the first-ever Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, beating Formula 1 title rival Max Verstappen to the line after a chaotic race.

Hamilton started on pole in Jeddah, with Red Bull’s Verstappen third. The pair traded positions throughout Sunday’s race, but eventually the Mercedes man came out on top as Verstappen finished second. Thus, the reigning champion Hamilton erased the eight point lead of the Belgian-Dutch driver, and the opponents will enter the last race of the season at the points level. Ahead of the Abu Dhabi GP next weekend, Verstappen leads Hamilton in the races won, having taken nine wins to eight for the Briton. “It was incredibly difficult, I tried to be as reasonable and tough as possible,” said Hamilton, seven-time champion, after Sunday’s race.

Follow the Jeddah race reaction live and analysis as F1 the season is heading towards an exciting conclusion:

1638739395

Lewis Hamilton accuses Max Verstappen of going over the limit

Alex PattleDecember 5, 2021 9:23 PM
1638739364

Lewis Hamilton ‘screwed up’ in clash with Max Verstappen

Alex PattleDecember 5, 2021 9:22 PM
1638738980

Toto Wolff questions Max Verstappen’s driving at Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

Toto Wolff said Mercedes “just wants a clean championship” after another collision between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton.
” It really is [Verstappen’s] conduct that needs to be assessed and investigated. It’s hard, really hard, maybe too hard.
“We just want a clean championship. If it’s Max [who wins], I’ll make my peace with this. But we just want it to be [fair]. «
Jamie BraidwoodDecember 5, 2021 9:16 PM
1638737031

The Independent’s sports newsletters

Sign up for our free sports newsletters for regular updates straight to your inbox.
Whether you want a weekly recap direct from our football editor Miguel Delaney or want a weekly sports recap from our sports editor Ben Burrows, or want all the latest tips for your Fantasy Football game from our resident expert Mark Critchley , you can sign up by clicking here and scrolling to the sport section.
Plus, stay up to date with all the latest news from Ashes by signing up for our free newsletter written by our sports reporter Vithushan Ehantharajah by clicking here.
Alex PattleDecember 5, 2021 8:43 PM
1638736846

Lewis Hamilton wins Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

Alex PattleDecember 5, 2021 8:40 PM
1638736830

Lewis Hamilton wins Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

Alex PattleDecember 5, 2021 8:40 PM
1638736282

Lewis Hamilton wins Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner speaking to Sky Sports:
“It was a really difficult race to manage. I think race control struggled with the debris and virtual safety cars.
“Max was trying to give way. We informed the race management that we were going to give way and Max was taking off. I think Lewis was taking off. I do not know if [Hamilton] was looking for the DRS line. It was clear that we had given way.
“It’s weird because Lewis is slowing down behind him, it looks like he’s taking off. It was like [Hamilton] did not want to overtake him because of the DRS. We were trying to give way and Lewis then climbed in the back of Max’s car. We took a lot of damage because of it. Very, very frustrating. “
On Verstappen’s five-second penalty: “I think it was on the hard side. ”
Jamie BraidwoodDecember 5, 2021 8:31 PM
1638735970

Lewis Hamilton wins Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

Max Verstappen, speaking to Sky Sports. “I was downshifting and braking for him to pass, then he hit my back. I looked at myself in my mirror and waited for him to pass. I don’t really understand why. Maybe there was some confusion. I was told to let it pass.
Jamie BraidwoodDecember 5, 2021 8:26 PM
1638735774

Lewis Hamilton wins Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

“This is the most dramatic battle between two drivers and two teams that I can remember,” former world champion Damon Hill told Sky Sports.
Jamie BraidwoodDecember 5, 2021 8:22 PM
1638734593

Lewis Hamilton wins Saudi Arabian Grand Prix

More from Max Verstappen, who received the driver of the day award: “Fortunately the fans have a clear mind on the race because what happened today is incredible. I’m just trying to run, but this sport is more about penalties than racing. For me it’s not Formula 1, but at least the fans liked it. Clearly not fast enough but still second.
Jamie BraidwoodDecember 5, 2021 8:03 PM