Arthur Labinjo-Hughes’ father and mother-in-law filmed eating ice cream as he starved to death in the hallway – .

0
11
Arthur Labinjo-Hughes’ father and mother-in-law filmed eating ice cream as he starved to death in the hallway – .


A gruesome video has emerged showing Arthur Labinjo-Hughes’ father and mother-in-law eating ice cream in their house as the six-year-old boy remains hungry and alone in the hallway.
Arthur was left with an insurmountable brain injury while in the sole care of his stepmother, Emma Tustin, 32, who poisoned him with salt and refused to eat and drink.

She was jailed for life on Friday, after being convicted of murder by assaulting defenseless Arthur in the hallway of her Cranmore Road home in Solihull on June 16, 2020.

Arthur’s father, Thomas Hughes, 29, was convicted of manslaughter and jailed for 21 years after encouraging the murder of his son, whose body was found covered in 130 bruises when he died in the hospital.

Now footage has been released showing the couple huddled together on the sofa in their home eating ice cream, just three days before Arthur was killed. When the video was shot on June 13, Arthur was standing out of sight, starving in the hallway and suffocating in a jumpsuit.

Another video shows Tustin enjoying a McDonald’s.

The videos, taken with a home security camera, were shown during the couple’s lengthy trial that ended this week, further highlighting the extent of neglect and torture to which Arthur was subjected.

The couple eat ice cream as Arthur starves to death out of sight (West Midlands Police)

It emerged at trial that Arthur had been seen by social workers just two months before his death, after concerns were raised by his paternal grandmother Joanne Hughes, but they concluded that there were ” no backup problem ”.

The Solihull Local Child Protection Partnership subsequently launched an independent review of the case.

In her victim impact statement, which she read in court before sentencing, Ms Hughes said Arthur, as a “happy, content and prosperous seven-year-old” would be “alive today. ‘hui’ if her son hadn’t met Tustin.

Hughes’ “infatuation” with Tustin had “erased” all love for his son, the sentencing judge said.

As sentencing began on Friday, Judge Mark Wall QC said Tustin had been brought to justice for her conviction but had “refused to come up” to the dock.

Speaking after the conviction, former Minister for Children Tim Loughton said “we” all have a “duty” to make sure that other vulnerable children are not abandoned by social services in the same way they are. ‘Arthur.

“Funding for children’s social services is lagging behind and social workers are overworked and undervalued when in reality they should be revered as our fourth emergency department,” the Tory MP wrote in The sun.

“Early interventions to stop the causes of protection problems have been diluted into late interventions to control the symptoms of fires. “

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Friday ministers would spare “absolutely no effort” to establish what was wrong with the “appalling” affair.

A spokesperson for the NSPCC said The independent: “We all still have a hard time coming to terms with what Arthur Labinjo-Hughes went through before being killed by Tustin and Hughes. Their conviction marks the end of the first step in securing some sort of justice for Arthur.

“The review of child protection practices must now make every effort to establish exactly what happened before Arthur’s death and whether more could have been done to protect and ultimately save him. It should also inform a larger discussion of how we prevent these appalling cases of child cruelty. “

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here