Many players and teams are making deals ahead of the lockdown, and that has led to a free agent frenzy over the past two days. On Tuesday morning, six of our top 10 free agents signed:
- SS Carlos Correa
- SS Corey Seager :
- 3B / DE Kris Bryant
- IF Marcus Semien: 7 years, $ 175 million with the Rangers
- 1B Freddie Freeman
- LHP Robbie Ray: 5 years, $ 115 million with Mariners
- RHP Max Scherzer: 3 years, $ 130 million with the Mets
- RHP Kevin Gausman: 5 years, $ 110 million with the Blue Jays
- RHP Marcus Stroman
- FROM Starling Mars:
The Rangers and Mets have been the most active teams in free agency and it’s not particularly close either. In addition to Seager and Semien, Texas also signed right-hander John Gray and outfielder Kole Calhoun. The Mets signed infielder Eduardo Escobar and outfield Mark Canha in addition to Scherzer and Marte. Both clubs have pledged more than $ 800 million for free agents.
While free agency has been very active in recent days, the commercial market has mostly cooled, at least for now. The Pirates sent wide receiver Jacob Stallings to the Marlins for three players on Tuesday, and that’s about it when it comes to notable trades. I guess the teams will focus on free will before the ABC expires and worry about transactions later.
For what it’s worth, Tuesday will serve as a ‘soft’ deadline for free agent signings, as teams and players will need time to work out contract details and review medical information before the expiration of the contract. ABC. The two sides cannot come to a deal at the last minute and put pen to paper. Here’s a look at some notable free agent deals that have occurred since Sunday night.
Notable offers on hot stoves
- Corey Seager and the Rangers struck a 10-year, $ 325 million pact (full story here).
- Max Scherzer and the Mets have finalized a three-year, $ 130 million deal (full story here).
- Robbie Ray agreed to a five-year, $ 115 million deal with the Mariners (full story here).
- The Marlins acquired wide receiver Jacob Stallings as part of a four-player deal with the Pirates, the teams announced.
- Marcus Semien agreed to a seven-year, $ 175 million contract with the Rangers (full story here).
- Javier Báez has agreed to a six-year, $ 140 million contract with the Tigers (full story here).
- The Marlins and Avisaíl García struck a four-year, $ 53 million deal (full story here).
- Kevin Gausman and the Blue Jays have struck a five-year, $ 110 million deal (full story here).
- Jon Gray and the Rangers struck a four-year, $ 56 million deal (full story here).
- Corey Kluber signed a one-year contract with the Rays after spending 2021 with the Yankees (full story here).
- Relief Kirby Yates signed a two-year, $ 8.25 million contract with the Braves, the team said.
- Reliever Daniel Hudson is approaching a one-year, $ 7 million contract with the Dodgers, by Jeff Passan of ESPN.
We’ll be providing live updates throughout Tuesday as teams work to close more deals. Follow below.