Journalist denies William tacitly approved of leaking Meghan’s bullying allegations

0
10
Labyrinthine Covid Reminder System Is The Real Reason For The Delays


Allegations that the Duchess of Sussex “harassed” two staff at Kensington Palace have “absolutely not” leaked with Prince William’s tacit approval, according to the reporter who reported them.

The final part of a controversial BBC documentary on Prince William, Prince Harry and the media’s relations examined allegations of an information war between the brothers.

The bullying allegations, which the Duchess has denied and which are the subject of an ongoing investigation at Buckingham Palace, emerged just days before Harry and Meghan’s interview with talk show host Oprah Winfrey.

BBC presenter Amol Rajan asked Times reporter Valentine Low if he believed the people who disclosed the bullying allegations to him had been authorized to do so by the Duke of Cambridge. “Did you think the people talking to you had his tacit approval?” Rajan asked. “Absolutely not,” Low replied.

Sussex lawyer Jenny Afia told the documentary, The Princes and the Press, that the bullying story was untrue and contained “massive and massive inaccuracies”. But, she said, it was hard to refute. “It’s really hard to prove a negative result. If you haven’t harassed anyone, how do you show that you haven’t? ” she said.

She also defended the Sussexes against newspaper criticism that they demanded confidentiality and fought for this in court, while speaking to others. She said: “They weren’t the ones who said they wanted privacy. It’s something the tabloids said about them that got hooked.

“They took action when there were gross breaches, unlawful privacy breaches, of course. Then they challenged it, ”she added. “Because it matches their values. “

But that didn’t mean they had to take a vow of silence, she said, adding that privacy was the right to choose what information they shared.

Rajan’s documentary had received high profile in some newspapers, which claimed it could reveal whether royal households, particularly that of the Duke of Cambridge, had provided negative information against his brother and sister-in-law, a claim strongly denied by its collaborators.

Newspapers also criticized the BBC for not allowing senior royal officials to view the program before it aired.

Ultimately, when Part 1 aired last Monday, it only featured a single quote on rumors that anti-Meghan briefings were being held by Royal Assistants, when Sussex biographer Omid Scobie, told the program, “From my own reporting and research, this is absolutely true.

The BBC came under yet another attack following a joint written statement from Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Kensington Palace, which aired at the end of the program, which read: when anybody, y including the BBC, gives them credibility.

Headlines interpreted the statement as a direct attack on the BBC. Soon after, William and Kate’s decision to give ITV the rights to broadcast their charity Christmas carol services was seen as his revenge on the company. William has previously slammed the BBC following the controversy over how Martin Bashir got his world-exclusive Panorama interview with Diana, Princess of Wales.

There have also been sustained attacks on Rajan in some media quarters, which questioned his impartiality in hosting the documentary by referring to a 2012 article he wrote for The Independent in which he stated: ” I am a Republican because I am a patriot. “

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here