John Barrowman reveals flashing claims were ‘exaggerated’ as he gives his first interview from DOI ax – .

0
6
John Barrowman reveals flashing claims were ‘exaggerated’ as he gives his first interview from DOI ax – .


div itemprop = »articleBody»>

John Barrowman has revealed that the drama surrounding his flashing on the set of Doctor Who was “overdone” as he gave his first interview since being fired from Dancing On Ice over the claims.

The actor, 54, apologized in May for exposing himself on Doctor Who in historic incidents, with the star having since been removed from the jury for the ITV skating show.

And speaking in an interview with Lorraine on Tuesday, John gave his side of the story, saying frankly, “All the people who make a big deal out of it, they weren’t there, they didn’t know the context of things. who had finished. ‘

His Side: John Barrowman revealed the drama surrounding his flash on the set of Doctor Who was ‘over the top’ as he gave his first interview since being sacked from Dancing On Ice over the claims

The TV star described his past actions on set as ‘silly behavior’ and insisted on welcoming Lorraine Kelly, 61, that he ‘would never do it now’ after previously admitting to ‘cheating’ on sets from Doctor Who, where he started playing Captain Jack Harkness in 2005 and the spinoff series Torchwood a year later.

Asked by Lorraine if he thought his behavior had “crossed the line,” John agreed that if it were to happen today it would, but he was quick to accuse people of turning his actions into ” sexual harassment “.

He explained, “I think if it was now it would be crossing the line. I think something that happened 15 years ago was debauchery behavior, silly behavior, it was done within the confines of the set, and we were like family, working together.

“The fact that these are stories that I have already told. I told them for years. I didn’t hide anything, they were exaggerated and they tried to turn them into sexual harassment, which is absolutely not the case.

Sorry: The actor, 54, apologized in May for exposing himself on Doctor Who in historic incidents, with the star having since been taken off the jury for the ITV skating show (pictured filming Doctor Who in 2007)

Sorry: The actor, 54, apologized in May for exposing himself on Doctor Who in historic incidents, with the star having since been taken off the jury for the ITV skating show (pictured filming Doctor Who in 2007)

The actor continued, “The only thing for me, all the people who make a big deal out of it, they weren’t there, they didn’t know the context of things that were done. Continuous bashing is not good. We have evolved.

“Like I said, I would never do it now, but what we don’t allow people and myself to do… we don’t allow people to learn to adapt and change, and this is the most important thing. “

When asked if he felt like he had “changed” and “adapted” from what he was in the past, John replied, “Of course he did. And we have moved forward. From this point I want to move forward and keep moving forward.

John added to Lorraine that he felt “nervous” about giving the interview and admits that he feels like he has to constantly “watch” everything he does, adding that he itself will continue to be “scandalous” but in a “different context”.

He said, “I’m extremely nervous, and that’s not me. The point is that I have known throughout my career and all I have done is encourage people to be you, not to be ashamed of who you are and right now, what is happening. happening is that I feel like I have to watch everything.

div class= »artSplitter mol-img-group » style= »style »>

div class= »mol-img » style= »height: auto; »>

“Exaggerated”: speaking Tuesday in an interview with Lorraine, John gave his version of the facts by saying frankly: “All the people who make a big deal out of it, they were not there, they do not know the context of the things that have been done ‘

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here