ITV I’m A Celebrity could be deleted after severe damage from Storm Arwen – .

0
14
ITV I’m A Celebrity could be deleted after severe damage from Storm Arwen – .


I’m a Celebrity could be eliminated after Storm Arwen destroys parts of the set, causing the celebrities to be evacuated.
Sources said the show could be postponed or even canceled indefinitely to try to figure out what was and was not damaged.

Insiders told The Sun the show could be delayed for a long time as they try to figure out “where they’re going from here” after damage from the weekend storm.

Read moreNo more countries to add to the red list from Sunday morning

A source said: “This is a big blow. No one foresaw the catastrophe that this storm was going to cause and it took us completely by surprise.

“The worst damage is to one of our three production areas: the tent where we keep the scanners, the TV editing room, the production office and our IT equipment. From the outside, it is destroyed.

“At the moment, we still don’t know what the damage to the equipment is, as we cannot enter until it has been declared safe.

“But we need time to sort everything out and the break saves us time. We hope against all odds that this will suffice and that we can return on Monday.

“To move forward, we also need the green light to bring more staff back to the set. But for the moment, nothing is guaranteed.

Another insider told the Sunday Mirror: “I’m a Celebrity is ITV’s crown jewel – one of their most lucrative and popular shows.

“To make it disappear, even for 48 hours, a week after the start of the series is a disaster. “

The famous candidates were quarantined tonight as bosses made the decision to remove them from the camp.

ITV confirmed in a statement: “As we get the production base back up and running after suffering technical issues from the storm, we have removed the celebrities from the castle. “

Campmates will return to the castle once all production on the show is safely restored, with quarantine conditions for celebrities being the same as before they arrived at the show.

If they come in contact with anyone outside of I’m A Celeb’s secure Covid bubble, they won’t be allowed to return to camp – with Richard Madeley forced to quit the show after just four days due to ‘a run to the hospital.

It was previously reported that the show’s production area “looks like a bomb hit it”, with a “terrified” crew nearly tearing their feet off.

Stay up to date with the latest news from your Birmingham street or neighborhood or the West Midlands with our Birmingham News email updates.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here