Horror moment, terrified children suspended 100 feet in the air after carnival merry-go-round malfunctions – .

Horror moment, terrified children suspended 100 feet in the air after carnival merry-go-round malfunctions – .

It’s the horrific moment when petrified children found themselves stranded over 100 feet in the air after a carnival merry-go-round broke down.
Young thrill-seekers had to be rescued with a crane and aerial work platform in a dramatic three-hour operation after being stranded in a high-speed rotating merry-go-round in an amusement park. exhibitions in Australia.


Two children find themselves stranded more than 100 feet in the airCredit: Instagram

Emergency services rescued young thrill-seekers in dramatic three-hour operationCredit: Instagram

Police rushed to the Chants summer carnival scene in Geelong, near Melbourne, with fire crews after children were stranded in the journey around 2 p.m. local time.

Shocking video footage shows two helpless children suspended in the air 115 feet with two others closer to the ground at Waurn Ponds shopping center after the ride’s gearbox – called Freestyle – malfunctions.

Emergency crews used a crane and lifting platform to lower the children, with the last terrified child rescued shortly after 5 p.m. – three hours after the trip stopped.

Organizers made the decision to shut down the carnival for the rest of the day, blaming the trip issue on a faulty gearbox.

In a statement posted to its official Facebook page, Chants Summer Carnival confirmed that the gearbox will be replaced before the ride is open for action again.

“Due to today’s gearbox incident on the ‘Freestyle’ route, the Waurn Ponds carnival will be closed for tonight,” one read.

“The merry-go-round is currently being dismantled and taken away to have its gearbox replaced.

“The maintenance and safety of all our machines is our top priority at all times.

“We would like to thank the affected families, emergency services and Worksafe, for their immediate help, patience and understanding throughout the day.

“It is unfortunate that this has happened, but rest assured that all steps will be taken to reopen safely. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

“We are looking forward to welcoming everyone from tomorrow. “

An investigation into the cause of the outage has been launched by WorkSafe Victoria, the state health and safety authority.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for the Sun News Bureau?


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here