Hamilton will now travel to BMO Field to face the Argonauts on Sunday, December 5 at 12:30 p.m. ET, before the Roughriders face the Blue Bombers at IG Field at 4 p.m. ET. To the winners: divisional wreaths and see you in Hamilton.
All-time playoff records of remaining teams in the 108e Gray Cup Playoffs:
- Toronto – 1907-2019 : 44-37-1 (.543)
- Hamilton – 1950-2021 : 45-47-1 (.489)
- Winnipeg – 1936-2019 : 64-52-2 (.551)
- Saskatchewan – 1936-2021 : 44-52-2 (0,459)
The 108e The Gray Cup at Tim Hortons Field, featuring Arkells in the Gray Cup halftime show Twisted Tea, will be played on Sunday, December 12 at 6 p.m. ET, and will be broadcast live on TSN and RDS – the Canadian home. of the CFL. A limited number of tickets are available at ticketmaster.ca/GreyCup.
The 2021 edition of Gray Cup Week will feature a number of free events for fans, including CFL awards, the arrival of the Gray Cup offered by Canada Drives and the Commissioner’s speech on League Fan Status, plus fan favorite celebrations like the Spirit of Edmonton Events, the CFL Alumni Association Legends Luncheon and more. Additional details and registration information can be found at greycupfestival.ca.
LIGHTS ON THE EAST FINAL
Hamilton Tiger-Cats at the Toronto Argonauts
Sunday, December 5 at 12:30 p.m. ET
Buy tickets for the Eastern Finals
In short :
- Toronto hasn’t hosted the Eastern Final since 2017, when they won the Gray Cup
- The last time Hamilton and Toronto met in the Eastern Final was in 2013, when the Tiger-Cats visited their provincial rivals and won 36-24.
- Hamilton and Toronto have faced each other in the Eastern Final eight times, each with four wins.
- The Argonauts are 31-15-1 (0.670) at home in the playoffs.
- Home teams in the Eastern Final are 33-13 (.717) since 1973.
- The Tiger-Cats will make the Eastern Finals for the sixth time in eight seasons.
- Hamilton is 15-31-1 (.337) in the playoffs.
- Toronto won the season series 3-1:
- Ryan Dinwiddie will make his playoff head coach debut.
- Orlondo Steinauer won his first two playoff games: in 2019 against Edmonton and in 2021 against Montreal
- This will be McLeod Bethel-Thompson’s first playoff start. He’s 2-3 as a starter against Hamilton.
- Jeremiah Masoli of Hamilton will be making his sixth career playoff start and is 3-2. Masoli is 6-3 against the Argonauts in his career.
- In four games this season against Hamilton, Kurleigh Gittens Jr. recorded 23 receptions for 283 yards and two touchdowns. On defense, Shawn Oakman had four sacks.
- Hamilton’s Tim White has 318 receiving yards on 16 catches (19.9 yards per catch) and one touchdown against Toronto this season. Defensively, Simoni Lawrence had 21 tackles, a sack and a pick-six.
PROJECTOR OF THE WEST FINAL
Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Sunday, December 5 at 4 p.m. ET
Buy tickets for the Western Finals
In short :
- Winnipeg has not hosted a division final since 2011 as a member of the East. The team last hosted the Western Final in 1972.
- This game will be a rematch of the 2019 Western Finals when Winnipeg claimed a 20-13 road victory.
- Winnipeg is 40-19-2 (.672) at home in the playoffs.
- The home teams in the Western Final are 27-20 (0.575) since 1973.
- Saskatchewan has a 20-34-1 (.373) playoff road record.
- Winnipeg swept the season series 2-0.
- The Roughriders and Blue Bombers have faced each other in the Western Finals four times: 2019, 1972, 1966 and 1941. In 15 total playoff games, Winnipeg has won eight.
- This will be Craig Dickenson’s third playoff game as head coach (1-1); Mike O’Shea will lead his seventh game of the playoffs (3-3).
- This will be Cody Fajardo’s third playoff start (1-1); Zach Collaros will start his fifth career playoff game (3-1).
- As starters, Fajardo is 2-3 against Winnipeg, while Zach Collaros is 5-3 against Saskatchewan.
- William Powell has amassed 132 yards (5.2 yards per carry) in two games against the Blue Bombers this season.
- Nic Demski recorded eight receptions for 175 yards and one touchdown against the Riders in 2021. Deatrick Nichols had 13 tackles, one sack and one interception.