Woman slept three feet from corpse for two months and had no idea – .

Woman slept three feet from corpse for two months and had no idea – .

Halloween is just around the corner, which means the spooky season is officially upon us, and for many of us that means horror movies on repeat.

But while most of us have the luxury of watching horrors unfold on the big screen, a woman has revealed her true nightmare, which has found her asleep three feet from a corpse for eight weeks.

The nightmare began in May of last year, when the pandemic was really starting to take hold, and the majority of people in the United States had been locked inside for two months.

Reagan Baylee, who goes by @reaganbaylee on TikTok, was living alone in a 250 square foot studio in the Valley of Los Angeles, when she started noticing a nasty smell, which was starting to make her feel bad.

“I had headaches, didn’t really sleep through the night, felt a lot nauseous and honestly we all kind of rolled around like I felt a bit lonely and going a bit crazy in my forties, like everyone was, ”she explained in a heartbreaking clip.

“It was really different from me not being able to sleep through the night, so I thought it was really weird, but then again, I kind of canceled it because I just thought I was was really sad and depressed. “

Reagan noticed a bad smell in his apartment last year


TikTok / agreaganbaylee)

She ended up feeling really bad


TikTok / agreaganbaylee)

But, in addition to the odd smell, Reagan noticed an increasing number of bugs and spiders appearing in her apartment, which prompted her to complain to her manager, who said she couldn’t. not go out and check in because of the pandemic.

“Really, my best description of that smell was kind of like a dead fish, so I thought maybe a bird had caught a fish, but in retrospect it’s the dumbest thing ever because there are no lakes near my home. I started to think maybe my neighbor who lived to my right his dog was dead or something had happened and I got really worried but my manager told me she just couldn’t start knocking on neighbors’ doors and disturbing them, ”Reagan continued.

“But I had this really bad feeling that something was wrong and the smell got really bad every time it got windy and I was really, really worried. But remember, this is the middle of the pandemic and we were home 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so I think I had gotten used to the smell. “

Still bothered by the smell, Reagan called her boyfriend for a second opinion, who agreed it was horrible and also began to have nausea and trouble sleeping. Her manager still refused to do anything, so she ended up calling the police, who came and checked on her neighbor, only to find that they were perfectly fine.

“My manager was pretty mad at me for bothering my neighbors, and then they gave me a notice saying I couldn’t harass people in the building,” Reagan continued.

“I consulted the police and they told me after 48 hours, if my manager didn’t call, I could call them back. And that’s when things got crazy. I felt like I was on a mission because no one was listening to me and the manager made me feel crazy. “

Meanwhile, riots were unfolding in Los Angeles after George Floyd’s death, so Reagan admitted that she understood the police were concerned and complaining about spiders and bad smells was “the least of anyone’s worries.” .

Days later, Reagan finally convinced his manager to send a maintenance worker into the building, but when he arrived he could barely climb the stairs due to the stench wafting from the house. of his neighbor.

She said, “He had gone up the stairs, he couldn’t even go up the stairs without starting to vomit. He ripped off his mask and said “I’m going to get the master key, someone’s dead.” I immediately start to panic because I felt so validated after weeks and weeks of feeling crazy and complaining, and no one believed me. “

However, the maintenance man did not return, so Regan had no choice but to call the police one more time, and within minutes, about eight police officers stormed into the apartment.

After gathering all the information they needed from Reagan, officers decided to investigate the apartment to his left, as they had already checked out the neighbor on the right.

“There are six cops, they’ve all drawn and they say LAPD, get out your hands in the air, you have 30 seconds, we’ll start the countdown.” Just before the 30 seconds was up, one of the cops said okay, let’s get our guns out, can someone just try to open the door and see if it’s unlocked, ”she recalls.

“And I was like ‘why would it be unlocked?’ Prepare yourself… So the cop turns the doorknob and he opens it maybe an inch. The number of bugs coming out of that unit, it looked like 1,000 bugs, thousands of them flying out of the unit. “

Reagan continued, “They immediately slammed the door and the cops called a ton of backup. The cops began to tear off their masks and several of them were vomiting over the side of the railing. I slammed my door and they told me to stay inside and don’t come out.

“Long story short, they said it was the worst decomposed body they’ve ever come across and they see a lot of decomposed bodies. I’m not going to go into too much detail, especially for personal privacy, but let’s just say they were liquefied and were basically a skeleton at this point.

“All of the symptoms that my boyfriend and I were experiencing were simply due to the toxic fumes that were released from the body and natural gases that made me extremely ill for most of my forties. “

It’s really like something from our out of a horror movie.

Do you have a story to share? We want to hear it all. Email us at [email protected]

Read more

Read more


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here