Queen advised to rest for two weeks, says Buckingham Palace

0
17
Russian MP denies illegal hunting after shooting elk found in car


Medics have advised the Queen to rest for at least two more weeks and not to undertake official visits, Buckingham Palace has said.

This means the 95-year-old will not be attending the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall the day before Remembrance Sunday, although she hopes to be at the cenotaph for the Remembrance Day service itself. .

Buckingham Palace said in a statement: ‘Following their recent advice that the Queen should rest for a few days, Her Majesty’s doctors have advised her to continue resting for at least the next two weeks.

“Doctors have indicated that Her Majesty can continue to perform light and clerical duties during this time, including some virtual hearings, but not make any official visits.

“Her Majesty regrets that this means that she will not be able to attend the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, November 13th. However, her firm intention remains to be present for the National Remembrance Service on Remembrance Sunday, November 14. “

The Queen’s medical team is taking “reasonable precautions,” a source said. She recently underwent tests which required an overnight stay at King Edward VII Hospital in central London.

A source said the Queen remained in “good spirits” and recorded the Cop26 speech on Friday afternoon which will be played to delegates next week in Glasgow. She was due to host a reception for world leaders in Glasgow, which will be attended by other members of the royal family, including the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The Queen would continue her light duties and had held several virtual audiences this week, but she felt it was a good idea to give notice and cancel her scheduled appearance at the Festival of Remembrance so that the hosts could make other arrangements.

She had already canceled her planned visit to Cop26 and a two-day visit to Northern Ireland. Although she intends to be in the service of the Cenotaph, the Prince of Wales will once again perform the wreath laying on her behalf, as he has been doing since 2017.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here