Neville says Jadon Sancho has become a ‘victim’ at Manchester United
Former Manchester United right-back Gary Neville believes Jadon Sancho has become a ‘victim’ at Old Trafford following his £ 72.9million transfer from German heavyweights Borussia Dortmund over the summer.
After being on United’s radar for several years, the England international has finally made his return to Manchester this summer, becoming United’s first statement signing the transfer window and ending the long saga.
However, the 21-year-old has struggled to make the impact he and United would have liked, having so far failed to score or record an assist in 10 appearances across all competitions.
Still, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was unable to give the former Man City youth product consistent playing time. Sancho has only started three times in the Premier League so far this season, but has started the first two UEFA Champions League group stage games for United.
Nonetheless, Neville declined to criticize the former Dortmund man, who started the 4-2 loss to Leicester City on Saturday, instead insisting the winger is a ‘victim’ of United’s current form.
“Sancho at the moment, he is a victim of the current performance of the team”, Neville told Sky Sports. “You would want a player like this to get into a sedentary unit and he’s still finding his feet. “
Read the full story here.