The 24-year-old from Fallowfield was arrested at Manchester Airport on Friday following a flight to the UK and was arrested on suspicion of preparing for terrorism / assisting acts others in preparatory acts under section 5 of the Terrorism Act (2006).
Today, Greater Manchester Police confirmed he was released on bail “pending further investigation”.
“The arrest was linked to the terrorist attack which took place at Manchester Arena on the night of May 22, 2017 and claimed the lives of 22 innocent people,” GMP said.
READ MORE:Convicted terrorist recruiter says he is “here for the families” and will testify at the public inquiry into the Manchester Arena bombing, if he is “treated fairly”
Detectives previously said the investigation into the attack would never be closed.
Suicide bomber Salman Abedi killed himself and 22 others when he detonated a huge improvised device in his backpack as mostly young spectators left an Ariana Grande concert on site in May 2017.
A thousand more were injured, many seriously.
After Friday’s arrest, Principal Investigating Officer Simon Barraclough said: “Greater Manchester Police remain firmly committed to establishing the truth about the circumstances of the terrorist attack at Manchester Arena.
“Whether it is by supporting the ongoing public inquiry or by continuing to seek leads with regard to the criminal investigation.
“More than four years have passed since the atrocity took place, but we are unwavering in our determination to follow every avenue of inquiry available so that we can provide all those affected by the events in the arena with the answers they rightly deserve. “
Subscribe to MEN newsletters to receive the latest sports information, news, news and more by following this link