Kyle Beach identifies as John Doe in Chicago Blackhawks scandal – .

0
10
Kyle Beach identifies as John Doe in Chicago Blackhawks scandal – .


Kyle Beach identified himself as one of the victims alleging he was sexually assaulted by a former Chicago Blackhawks video coach.
Beach, who has been identified as John Doe in legal records, revealed his identity in an interview with TSN’s Rick Westhead on Wednesday night. The charges have not been heard or proven in court.

“I deleted that memory and buried that memory to pursue my dreams and pursue the career I loved and the game I love of hockey,” Beach said. “And the healing process has only just begun and yesterday was a huge step in that process. But until very recently, I didn’t talk about it, I didn’t talk about it, I didn’t think about it. And now that I’m starting to heal I’m starting to look back and it’s definitely had an impact on my life. I did stupid things, I acted, I broke… I did things that I could never have imagined doing. I was relying on alcohol, relying on drugs and… I’m so relieved by the news that came out yesterday that I’ve been vindicated and can really begin the healing process.

An independent review in response to two lawsuits against the franchise was revealed on Tuesday. The lawsuits allege former video coach Brad Aldrich sexually assaulted a player during the Blackhawks’ 2010 Stanley Cup race.

Seeing Aldrich stay with the squad during Cup celebrations after the incident was reported has been particularly hard for Beach to accept.

“The only way I could describe it was that I felt sick, I had a stomach ache,” he said. “It was as if his life was the same as the day before. The same every day. And then when they won, seeing him parading around the Cup, at the parade, at the team photos, at the celebrations, it made me feel nothing. It made me feel like I didn’t exist. It made me feel like I wasn’t important and… it made me feel like he was right and I was wrong.

Beach, 31, was a member of the Blackhawks’ AHL affiliate in 2010 and was called up to skate with the NHL team. The Kelowna, BC native was a first-round pick (11th overall) for the Blackhawks in the 2008 NHL Draft.

The forward stayed with Rockford for the first part of the 2013-14 season before traveling to Sweden to play. He’s never played for the Blackhawks in a regular season or playoff game.

Telling his family the summer that followed was also extremely difficult, Beach said.

“My mother cried for days,” he said. “She felt responsible, like she should have protected me and that there was nothing that could be done. After that first conversation with them, we never talked about it again until very recently. I never mentioned it and they respected my privacy. They asked me if I was OK and let me talk about what I wanted to talk about.

“I did what I thought I had to do to survive, keep chasing my dream and that was not to think about it, not to talk about it, to ignore it, and that’s all I could do. . I was threatened and my career was on the line. And if I had that in mind, there was no way I was performing at the peak of my ability. “

The team released a statement after the interview aired, praising Beach’s “courage” for coming forward.

Previously, the Chicago Sun-Times reported that the Blackhawks would begin settlement talks with Susan Loggans, the lawyer representing Beach, next week.

The Blackhawks filed documents to dismiss two lawsuits on Wednesday, but the team told the Sun-Times he was simply following legal protocol.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here