Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favorite pastime for many fans, perhaps right after watching the games. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors produced by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: rumors are just that – rumors. None of this has been confirmed as a fact, it is just circulating in the professional wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly article called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter has a report on AEW’s perception behind the scenes of WWE. Apparently, there is a feeling that Tony Khan has overspended to get his business successful so far, which is unfair to WWE as they “have to” make the money.
- Dave Meltzer’s sources also say people told Vince McMahon “we beat Ted Turner and Ted Turner is smarter than Tony Khan”. These types of comments are said to be prevalent within WWE.
- A WWE source told Ringside News that rumors that specific tag teams are split in the draft are always exaggerated because “every team is discussed to go their separate ways” whenever there is a draft.
- The Observer took issue with Mark Henry’s claim that PAC suffered a concussion a month and a half ago, saying his last concussion was not “some time recently recently.”
- According to Fightful, WOW offered La Rosa Negra to work for promotion and appear on screen with Tessa Blanchard. The Rose Negra would have been insulted by the offer. (For context, Blanchard has previously been charged with intimidation and racial insult to La Rosa Negra, and Blanchard denies these allegations.)
If you’ve heard of any cool rumors you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Remember, these are rumors and not confirmed facts, so please take them as such. And check out our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be accurate.