Brazilian legend leaves hospital after surgery to remove tumor – .

0
20
Brazilian legend leaves hospital after surgery to remove tumor – .


The 80-year-old underwent surgery on September 4 and had been treated at Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo for nearly a month. Reuters reported that a hospital bulletin said Pelé would now undergo chemotherapy.

“When the path is difficult, celebrate every leg of the journey,” Pele wrote on an Instagram post with doctors at the hospital. “Focus on your happiness. It’s true that I can’t jump anymore, but in the last few days I have hit the air more times than usual.

“I am so happy to be back home. I would like to thank the entire team at Albert Einstein Hospital, who made my stay pleasant, with a human and very affectionate welcome.

“Thank you also to all of you, who from afar fill my life with so many messages of love. “

READ: Brazilian football legend Pelé turns 80

Pele underwent routine checkups in early September, when during one of the cardiovascular and lab tests, doctors discovered a suspicious lesion in his right colon, which turned out to be a tumor, Dr Fabio Narsi said. and Dr Miguel Cendoroglo Neto in a statement.

The three-time World Cup winner, who burst onto the international stage as a teenager at the 1958 World Cup, has remained in the spotlight even after his retirement thanks to international product recommendations and as a outspoken public figure.

In 2000, FIFA named Pelé player of the century, an honor he shared with Argentinian Diego Maradona.

Last year there were fears about Pelé’s health, but he dismissed reports that he was suffering from depression while recovering from hip surgery.

Mitchell McCluskey and Marcia Reverdosa contributed to this report.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here