29-year-old woman ends up with horrible burns on her breasts after she passed out in boiled chicken – .

0
23
29-year-old woman ends up with horrible burns on her breasts after she passed out in boiled chicken – .


A 29-year-old woman was left with horrific third-degree burns all over her breasts after she passed out in a boiling chicken pain, which melted the skin on her chest and arms.

Abbie Reynolds almost died in the dying October 12, 2020 accident, which happened after she suddenly passed out while chatting with her roommate – which actually helped save her life by pulling her away from the hot pan, before calling an ambulance to their home.

Despite the quick-wittedness of her roommate, Abbie suffered “excruciating” injuries that required three sets of painful surgeries and forced her to spend 20 days in the hospital while doctors attempted to repair the damage caused by her. his burns.

And even after all the surgeries, she left scars on her chest and arms that left her struggling with her self-confidence.

Injury: Abbie Reynolds, of California, was left with excruciating burns to her breast after she passed out in a pan of boiling chicken, which caused the skin on her breasts to melt

Scars: The 29-year-old suffered third-degree burns to her breasts when she suddenly passed out in her kitchen while her roommate was cooking chicken for dinner

Abbie also finds it hard to come to terms with the trauma of her accident, which she described as “life changing”, admitting that she doesn’t think she “will never be the same” – either physically. or mentally.

“It was a life-changing experience,” said the school psychologist. “I will never be the same person I was physically or mentally before the accident. It’s a really hard thing to come to terms with.

Speaking of the times before her accident, Abbie recalled chatting with her roommate, event organizer Margaret Williams, 30, before realizing she was having a hard time following the conversation.

Her vision became blurry and she began to see “black dots”.

Unable to push them away, she thought she would go to bed.

“Margaret told me to go sit down,” Abbie explained.

“The last thing I remember is walking to the living room, but apparently I stopped and turned to look at the microwave that was on top of the stove. I passed out and collapsed while cooking food.

When Abbie woke up two minutes later, she couldn’t stand the agony of her burns, describing it as the most “painful” and “excruciating” thing she had ever experienced.

Recovery: The school psychologist was rushed to hospital after the accident and had to undergo three different surgeries in an attempt to repair the damage from her burns

Recovery: The school psychologist was rushed to hospital after the accident and had to undergo three different surgeries in an attempt to repair the damage from her burns

Recovery: The school psychologist was rushed to hospital after the accident and had to undergo three different surgeries in an attempt to repair the damage from her burns

Long: She spent a total of 20 days in the hospital, during which the doctors tried to correct the appearance of her skin with an innovative procedure called RECELL, which failed

Long: She spent a total of 20 days in the hospital, during which the doctors tried to correct the appearance of her skin with an innovative procedure called RECELL, which failed

Fueled by adrenaline, she jumped up and ran out of the room screaming in pain.

“It was excruciating,” she recalls. ‘I thought I was going to die. I have never experienced anything so painful and honestly, I don’t think I will ever again. Even childbirth will not be so painful.

Abbie’s roommates chased her to try to remove her wet bra and rags – pending the arrival of paramedics. She was then rushed to MedStar Washington Hospital, where she underwent three surgeries.

Initially, doctors tried to correct the damage caused by burns with an innovative procedure known as RECELL surgery, in which a small skin graft is placed in a buffer solution which then allows it to be sprayed on the patient. .

The technique involves putting a sample of burnt skin in a suspension which can then be applied to the body.

However, Abbie’s burns were so severe that the procedure failed, forcing her to undergo two more operations in which doctors performed traditional skin grafts.

“The first thing I felt when I saw my burns was shock, I had never seen my skin look like this,” she recalls.

‘Excruciating’: Speaking of the ‘life-changing’ accident, Abbie recalled screaming in pain when she woke up

Learning: Abbie says the experience left her struggling with her self-confidence - but it also helped her

Learning: Abbie says the experience left her struggling with her self-confidence – but it also helped her “be nicer to herself”

“It was gray. Then I felt fear, I was completely panicked and I was afraid of the unknown. But once I had the time to understand what had happened, I felt terror. After the initial shock passed, I realized I was going to make a long trip.

“Waking up after every operation was one of the hardest parts. It was so traumatic.

After 20 days in the hospital, Abbie was able to return home where she is learning to accept her burns and adopt her new body image.

Abbie was released and was able to return home on November 1, 2020.

She is now reconciling with her scars.

“The severity of the accident was an incredibly difficult thing to come to terms with,” she said. “You basically have to mourn your old body and your old life while trying to come to terms with and appreciate your new self and your new life.

“Now that I have all these massive scars on my body, it made me realize how much time I wasted worrying about silly little blemishes that no one else would have noticed.

“But it made me be kinder to myself and appreciate my body for all the wonderful things it has done for me. “

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here