In total, some 29 995 new plugins were registered last month (up 61% Year after year). Of these, 28,786 were passenger plug-ins and their market share reached a new all-time high of 21,5%.
New registrations of plug-in vehicles:
- Passenger EVs: 16 990 – up from 70% to 12.7% market share
- PHEV passagers: 11 796 – up from 50% to 8.8% market share
- Light commercial BEVs: 1 158 – market share up from 64% to 3.3%
- Light commercial PHEVs: 51
- Total name of plug-ins: 29 995 – up 61%
Since the start of the year, more than 217,000 new plug-ins have been registered in France.
Registrations since the beginning of the year:
- Passenger EVs: 106 936 – up 52%
- Passenger and light utility PHEVs: 102 059 – up 152%
- Light commercial BEVs: 8 220 – up 64%
- Total name of plug-ins: 217 580 – up 87%
* some data on the graphs are estimated
The Tesla Model 3 was once again the best-selling electric car in France with 2 833 new registrations. We believe the Model 3 has also been the best-selling all-electric model since the start of the year.
The next three BEVs that have successfully crossed the 2,000 mark are the Renault ZOE (2,382), Peugeot e-208 (2,090) and Dacia Spring Electric (2,089).
It is very interesting that the Tesla Model 3 is able to beat the French bestsellers. On top of that, the company noted 293 registrations of the Tesla Model Y (its first time in the top 10).
Among utility vehicles, the Renault ZOE is surprisingly the top model, as the Renault Kangoo ZE awaits the next generation version.
The Peugeot 3008 PHEV (1,165) remains the best plug-in hybrid.
Detailed numbers of plug-in car registrations provided by L’Avère-France: