According to the department’s website, the outbreak was first declared on Monday, but the shutdown order was released on Thursday after at least six people tested positive for the virus.
A statement issued by the restaurant’s general manager said those affected are staff members and are all recovering at home.
Ontario Reports Over 500 New COVID-19 Cases For First Time Since Mid-June
“Safety has always been and always will be our top priority here at Harbor 60,” said Kristen O’Neil in a statement to clients that was shared with Global News Thursday evening.
“Worst Experience of My Life”: Canadian soccer captain on penalties at Olympic finals
Provinces are divided over the use of COVID-19 vaccine passports. here’s why
“Even though we will miss you, we must do our part to keep the public safe. We hope you understand and we appreciate your support very much.
It was not known how many affected people had been vaccinated.
Ontario isolation, school dismissal rules now dependent on COVID-19 vaccination status
The restaurant’s statement says it will reopen in 10 days.
The only other current outbreak reported by Toronto Public Health involved Premform Limited / Mondiale Development Limited. This epidemic was declared on August 4 and at least six people have been affected. However, no closing order is currently in place.
As for the spread of COVID-19 in Toronto, the latest municipal data showed that the seven-day daily average for new cases is currently at 73.
Toronto Public Health said on Wednesday that nearly 73% of all local residents aged 12 and older had received the required two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
See the link »
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.