Symptoms of the Delta variant to watch out for if you are fully vaccinated – .

0
21
Symptoms of the Delta variant to watch out for if you are fully vaccinated – .


Fully vaccinated people are most often protected against serious illness and hospitalization related to COVID-19.

There is still a small chance that a fully vaccinated person could contract a breakthrough infection and test positive for the Delta variant of COVID-19.

Most vaccinated people who contract the Delta variant of COVID-19 are either asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms.

Based on information gathered from UC Davis Health, here are some of the most common symptoms that appear in fully vaccinated people who test positive for the Delta variant of COVID-19:

  • Cough
  • Fever
  • Headache
  • Loss of smell

These symptoms are not too different from the symptoms fully vaccinated people experience if they have a case of the original coronavirus strains.

Based on reports from people infected with the coronavirus noted in the Zoe COVID Symptom Study, the five most common symptoms in people fully vaccinated against the virus are:

  • Headache
  • Runny nose
  • sneezing
  • Sore throat
  • Loss of sense of smell

Although no vaccine is 100% effective, breakthrough infections are rare.

Healthcare professionals expect about 90% of fully vaccinated people to be protected by one of the three vaccines approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the remaining 10% of people vaccinated are at risk of infection.

As of August 9, more than 166 million people in the United States were fully vaccinated, and only about 0.005% reported groundbreaking cases of COVID-19 that led to hospitalization or death, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Stories related to the Delta variant:

Symptoms of the Delta Variant: Are They Different? Are they worse? Here is what you need to know

What is the Delta variant of COVID? Do vaccines work against? Here is what you need to know

Is a runny nose a symptom of the Delta variant of COVID?

Is a sore throat a symptom of the Delta variant of COVID?

Our journalism needs your support. Please register today for NJ.com

Katherine Rodriguez can be reached at [email protected]. Do you have any advice? Tell us at nj.com/conseils.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here