The star – whose face is bruised and lip damaged in new photos – has reportedly been very tearful since the incident and has remained in bed.
Her family rallies around her, including her mother and sister who ran alongside her.
Katie, 43, says she remained “devastated and stunned” after being “cut off” in an alleged assault on a house in Essex in the early hours of Monday morning.
“Katie is upset,” the source continued. “She is in total shock at what happened.
“Her pals are worried about the long-term impact this will have on Katie who, despite the tough exterior, can be fragile. “
A man in his 30s has been detained for assault, coercive control and theft.
Essex Police today confirmed he has been released on bail until next month.
A statement said: “A man arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behavior was released on bail until September 20. “
A source close to Katie told The Sun officers told her there could be a “long investigation” ahead.
The mother of five said it was “not provoked” and fled to her eldest son Harvey.
Witnesses claimed that a man at the scene was behaving erratically when an ambulance arrived around 1:30 a.m. to take the star to hospital.
One of them said he was “running up and down making monkey noises” in front of the spectators.
Speaking on Monday, Katie said she suffered a large bruise on her face and was still dizzy after being ‘cut’ in the alleged attack.
“I have a big bruise, my face is all swollen and I went to the hospital,” she said in an interview with The Sun.
“I’m still stunned. I am devastated. I told the police that I was assaulted and I am in shock that it happened.
“I ran away after being punched – I ran to Harvey’s house and now have damaged my feet, which I had already injured. ”
Katie broke both feet in a horror accident while in Turkey last year.
She was warned that she might never work again, but amazed doctors with her progress.
The My Crazy Life star was reportedly rushed to hospital on Monday with a suspected fractured jaw after a suspected stroke.
She was treated by doctors but was released a few hours later.
Friends of the star say she spent the rest of the day sleeping.
A source close to Kate also said she chose to stay with a friend following the alleged ordeal because she was “too upset” to return home.
Police were seen outside the house yesterday afternoon with friends and family who were also coming to collect the mother’s belongings.
A film crew for Katie’s latest reality TV company had to be turned away.
They had arrived to film a new show that will see the renovation of his infamous “mucky” mansion, but the project has reportedly been postponed.
In a statement on Monday, Essex Police said: ‘We were called by colleagues from the ambulance service to report an assault shortly after 1.30am. We discovered that a woman had suffered a facial injury which required hospital treatment.
“A man was arrested shortly after on suspicion of assault. “
Over the weekend, Katie appeared in high spirits as she took to Instagram to share her joy at seeing her son Junior land a major recording deal.
Posting on Instagram on Sunday, the mom wrote: “I’m so excited and no words can describe how proud I am of my son @officialjunior_andre signing his well-deserved recording deal.
“From a young age, I knew he would be a star. Not that long ago, Junior, his dad and I were in the process of making his contract to make sure everything was in place for him. Now the future is exciting. Look at the space. I love you Junior.
Katie shares Junior and her sister Princess with her ex-husband Peter Andre.
Andre, who rose to fame as a pop star in his youth, also shared his joy that his boy was following in his footsteps.