Currently, the total active cases in the region stands at 2,446, encompassing more than 14% of the 16,827 positive cases tested by the health authority since the start of the pandemic. Thirty-four people are hospitalized, including 16 in intensive care.
A total of 167 Interior Health residents have died from complications from the virus.
Overall, provincial health officials have announced 717 new cases of the virus across British Columbia. The cases are mainly the Delta variant of the virus.
There are also seven long-term care facilities inside with ongoing outbreaks:
- Nelson Jubilee Manor has four cases: one resident and three staff, with one death linked to this outbreak
- Kootenay Street Village (Cranbrook) has three cases: one resident and two staff
- Brookhaven Care Center (West Kelowna) has 25 cases: seven residents and 18 staff
- Cottonwoods Care Center (Kelowna) has 16 cases: 12 residents and four staff
- Independent / Independent Living in Hawthorn Park (Kelowna) has five cases: one resident and four staff
- David Lloyd Jones Long-Term Care Center (Kelowna) has four cases: two residents and two staff
- Village at Mill Creek (Kelowna) has two cases: a resident and a staff member
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.