« I would bet the Knicks signed him because Clifford praised Thibs on how much Fournier wants to win and is about all the good stuff An Orlando source told Berman. ” Cliff says Fournier is one of the toughest players – mentally and physically – he has ever coached. »
We have more news from the Knicks:
- In a separate article, Berman writes that Jericho sims, the Texas sports center taken with the 58th pick, is likely to receive a two-way contract, limiting it to a maximum of 50 games with the Knicks. Sims is ready to play for the Knicks in the Summer League.
- Selon Ian Begley de SNY, Taj Gibson – who agreed to a one-year contract with minimum wage to stay in New York – had a significant interest in the league, but the Knicks sold him on his importance to their culture and the development of the team at the ‘to come up.
- Begley also writes that the Knicks and Mavericks were interested in exploring a sign and trade for the wing Reggie Bullock earlier in free agency, but it’s unclear if such a deal has been made since Bullock signed up to the Mavs.
- All the contracts the Knicks accepted on Monday – Derrick Rose, Alec Burks, Nerlens Christmas, and Evan Fournier – will not be fully guaranteed in their final year, Begley reports. Rose, Burks and Noel will sign for three years each, while Fournier has accepted a four-year contract. Begley incorrectly reported on Monday that Burks’ three-year deal was fully guaranteed.
- Finally, Begley writes that with the Knicks, they are interested in chasing another point guard with their remaining ceiling space. Dennis Schröder and Reggie Jackson remain the two most prominent names in the leader market.