Windows 11 Update Notes:
- Get Started Now has a search box to make it easier for you to find what you’re looking for.
- The taskbar will now display on multiple monitors which can be enabled through Settings> Personalization> Taskbar.
- We have updated several system alert dialogs such as alert when the battery is low on your laptop or when you change your display settings with the new visual design of Windows 11.
- The “Power Mode” settings are now available on the Power & Battery page in Settings.
- Right clicking on the desktop now has a refresh option directly without the need to click on “Show more options”.
- Right-clicking on a .ps1 file in File Explorer now directly has a Run with PowerShell option without needing to click “Show more options”.
- The snap layouts available when using smaller PCs in portrait orientation have been optimized for this posture. You can now choose to align three apps on top of each other, instead of four quadrants.
- Based on the collaboration with the most popular GIF provider in China, weshineapp.com, GIF selections are now available to Windows Insiders in China through the emoji panel (WIN +.). If the location is set to China, the GIF data will appear from weshineapp.com.
- Right clicking on the volume icon in the taskbar now includes an option to troubleshoot sound issues.
The biggest and most notable update in build 22000.65 is a search bar in the Start menu. Other improvements include optimized snap layouts for smaller screens and updated power mode settings.It always seems that some features and apps get lost while upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, such as Cortana or Internet Explorer.
The blog post mentions that the first Windows 11 Bug Bash is running until July 14, where users can report various Windows 11 bugs in the preview version.
Windows 11 is still on track for a fall release and is a free upgrade for existing Windows 10 users. Windows insiders can check out Windows 11 now with the Insider Preview release.
We recently learned that after upgrading to Windows 11, users will only have ten days to revert to Windows 10 if they choose.