The first look at the fifth episode of the series teased that Rick and Jerry would have a special “guys night” only for it to be revealed that Rick was using Jerry as part of a deal with the series. Hellraiser‘s Cenobites. Quite hilarious, this was just the first of many great scenes we would have throughout the episode. Read on for a full breakdown of everything that happened in Episode 5, “Amortycan Grickfitti”!
- Rick reveals that he and Jerry will be on a “Guys Night” much to Beth’s dismay while she deals with an emergency at the horse hospital. Meanwhile, Morty and Summer decide to work together to impress the new transfer student with Morty, Bruce Chutback, before he finds out that they are losers. As for Jerry, it is revealed that Rick is only using his lameness to pay off a debt to the Cenobites who feed off this awkwardness and suffering.
- Bruce Chutback arrives and gets a hilarious introduction due to the fact that he hasn’t done anything to embarrass himself yet. Morty tries to show him the Interdimensional Cable, but he’s only impressed with Rick’s spaceship, so Morty and Summer do their best to keep him interested, but the ship refuses to cooperate without Rick’s presence. They say the ship is in trouble, and goes offline and they go for a ride.
- Meanwhile, Jerry does karaoke while Morty and Summer take Chutback for a ride. Beth arrives to interrupt the guys party and insults the cenobites, and she ends up drinking the essence of cenobite hell. Meanwhile, the car finds out that Morty and Summer have lied to it and blackmails them into going and doing whatever they want, including killing a version of Marvel’s Galactus and flirting with “Changeformers,” a Transformers parody.
- The Car and Bruce Chutback begin to bond, and the Car decides to keep their secret if they all help him lose her virginity. Meanwhile, Jerry hears how the Cenobites are ridiculing him as his suffering has become greater thanks to Beth. Meanwhile, Rick’s car also transforms into a Changeformer and walks up to the others from before, but she fails to bond with them when they find out she’s not one of them. .
- Rick’s car then burns them all alive. Meanwhile, Jerry is fighting the Cenobites and soon they decide to take matters into their own hands and kidnap Jerry to take him to hell because Beth has ruined his flavor. After that, Rick and Beth sneak off to Hell and disguise themselves as Cenobites, but it is revealed that Beth and Rick were actually their real focus.
- The Cenobites then explain that Beth and Rick thinking they’re so cool is what makes them so lame, and therefore more desirable to them. Meanwhile, Morty and Summer decide to put everything on Bruce Chutback when they are captured after the car ride, but soon the car decides to save them and blow everything up anyway.
- Meanwhile, Rick decides to kill the Cenobites with pure sincerity, then apologizes to Jerry for cheating on him in the first place. This ends up working and filling a minigun allowing Rick to kill all of the Cenobites with positive energy. Rick apologizes once more to Jerry and they go home. Meanwhile, the car is still destroying things in space and Morty, Bruce, and Summer soon return home before Rick, Jerry, and Beth.
- Although they get away with everything, Bruce Chutback decides to be on his own and understand the school hierarchy before committing to it. So all of Morty and Summer’s adventures with the car to impress him ended up being for naught. Chutback ended up mocking the next day for wearing the same pants a second day in a row.
What did you think about Rick and Morty’the most recent episode of season 5? Let us know all your thoughts on this in the comments! You can even contact me directly about all the animated stuff and other cool stuff. @Valdezologie on Twitter!