Summer of violence warning as two more teens stabbed to death in London – .

0
16
Summer of violence warning as two more teens stabbed to death in London – .


Although Scotland Yard has promised to flood the capital’s crime hotspots with officers, there have been warnings that the lifting of the lockdown, combined with the start of the summer school holidays, would likely lead to an increase in teenage murders.

On Friday, Mr Khan and Met Police announced a broad plan to tackle violence over the coming months. But hours after the plan was unveiled, the two teenagers had become knife victims.

As part of the government’s strategy to combat the scourge of violence, Priti Patel, the Minister of the Interior announced the deployment of new knife crime prevention orders.

The pilot project, which is being tested in London, will allow police to demand strict conditions be placed on young people as young as 12 who they believe may be at risk of carrying knives.

Conditions may include curfews, restricting access to social media, and travel bans to certain locations.

Ms Patel said: “One of the most difficult parts of my job as Home Secretary is seeing families torn apart by the horror of knife crime and I am determined to end this misery, protect communities and help save lives.

“Knife crime prevention orders will crack down on those who carry guns while intervening to take them away from a life of violence.” “

Monday’s first incident took place just after 5:20 p.m. when police were called over reports of a stabbing on Woolwich New Road. London ambulance services were called to the scene, where they found a 15-year-old boy who had been stabbed with a knife. They provided first aid at the scene, but the victim was declared dead at 6:08 p.m.

Residents said the teenager was not part of a gang but got involved in an argument with another youngster following an argument on social media site Snapchat.

Shortly after the stabbing, police were called to a south London hospital where another 15-year-old had arrived with a non-life-threatening knife wound. He was later arrested on suspicion of murder.

Chief Detective Inspector Perry Benton, Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “We know there were a lot of people back then who may have witnessed the events leading up to this incident. I’m sure people will have a cell phone of the footage from the scene and, if they think it might help our investigation, I urge them to forward it to us.

“An arrest has been made, but our investigations are still in their infancy, so I ask anyone who knows the motive for this attack, or who is responsible for it, to contact us immediately. “

Fears of revenge attacks led police to impose a Section 60 order, granting them greater arrest and search powers in the Woolwich area.

Hours later, murder squad detectives were called to Oval Place in Vauxall, about 10 miles away, where they discovered a 16-year-old boy suffering from a stab wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene and his relatives have been informed.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here