St-Hubert BBQ could quit Canadiens after controversial draft pick – .

0
47
St-Hubert BBQ could quit Canadiens after controversial draft pick – .


Restaurant chain “surprised” by the team’s decision and is considering removing its advertisements from the Bell Center.

Content of the article

One of Quebec’s best-known companies is considering whether to continue advertising with the Montreal Canadiens following the team’s controversial decision to recruit Logan Mailloux.

Publicity

Content of the article

Mailloux, 18, called for no NHL team to select him this year after it was revealed he showed his teammates a photo, taken without consent, of a young woman engaging in a sex act with him while living in Sweden last year.

“This choice surprised us and we are evaluating whether we will continue our partnership with them,” declared Josée Vaillancourt, director of public relations for the company.

Content of the article

“In 2021, with all that we have seen, with all the movements, we were really surprised. Will they reconsider their position or will they advance and accompany the young man?

Mailloux was charged with libel and offensive photography and was fined approximately $ 2,100.

Senior executives at the popular restaurant chain discussed the Canadiens’ first-round pick on Monday, but didn’t have a chance to speak with senior members of the hockey team, including its owner and president, Geoff Molson.

Publicity

Content of the article

“We are going to take a few days to think about the situation,” she said. “We think everyone deserves a second chance, but was it too early for him?

The business is very family-owned, so the situation is not ideal, she added.

In addition to organizing an annual fan contest, the company also advertises on bulletin boards at the Bell Center and Place Bell, where the Laval Rocket plays.

Content of the article

Mailloux apologized for his conduct and said he was seeking professional advice.

He had issued a statement waiving the NHL draft this year due to his conviction. The Canadiens drafted him anyway.

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, the defender read a statement in which he expressed regret for what he had done to his victim.

Publicity

Content of the article

“I know that I have caused great harm to this person and his family, and I regret that I did this stupid and selfish act,” he said. “What I have done now is unfortunately part of his life and mine. “

Quebec groups helping women victims of sexual violence claim that the Montreal Canadiens trivialize criminal acts by recruiting a player convicted of having victimized a woman.

Content of the article

Saturday, Isabelle Charest, the Quebec minister responsible for the Status of Women, said she was surprised and disappointed by the decision to write Mailloux.

“The choice to recruit Mr. Mailloux is not at all in line with the positive culture change that I want to bring about in the world of sport and at the societal level,” she wrote on Twitter.

“Having exceptional athletic skills is one thing, but I really believe that those in (the NHL) should be role models, on and off the ice. “

[email protected]

Publicity

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here