Here is this week’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data through July 13.
Progress of vaccination:
- Four new deaths were reported between July 7 and July 13. The total for the region is 3,786.
- Three men and a woman died between July 2 and July 10.
- Three of the deceased were 80 years old and one was 70 years old.
- All of them had underlying medical conditions.
Cases, case rate and tests:
- 275 cases of COVID-19 were reported to the county on July 13. The region’s total is now 285,268.
- San Diego County’s case rate was 3.7 cases per 100,000 population as of July 13.
- 7,097 tests were reported to the county on July 13, and the percentage of new positive cases was 3.9%.
- The 14-day rolling percentage of positive cases among tests is 2.9%.
- Ten new community outbreaks have been confirmed in the past seven days (July 7 to July 13): six in restaurants / bars, one in a commercial setting, one in an emergency services setting, one in a government setting and one in a retail setting.
- The trigger for community epidemics is greater than seven in a 7-day period.
Data updates from County coronavirus-sd.com website are published around 5 p.m. on Wednesdays.