Kyle Richards is recovering from a severe allergic reaction.
The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills star, 52, shared on Instagram on Sunday that she was due to go to the hospital after being stung several times when she “entered a bee hive”.
The fact that his EpiPen, which is used to fight severe allergic reactions, appeared to be faulty and not working made the terrifying encounter worse.
Health Alert: Kyle Richards, 52, revealed on Instagram on Sunday that she had been hospitalized the day before after hitting a bee hive and being stung multiple times
Kyle broke the news to her fans with a photo of her appearing to breathe through an oxygen mask or nebulizer to treat her allergic reaction.
“So this happened yesterday… I walked into a bee hive and got stung several times. If you know me, you know that I am allergic to bees and that I am afraid of them, ”she admitted in her caption.
The terrifying event was even worse in the footage from the security cameras she shared, which showed her fleeing the swarm of bees following her closely.
“I can laugh at this video now, but what you can’t see is that they were in my hair and literally chasing me,” she wrote on footage showing her running down the side of the house at the backyard pool.
All alone: The terrifying event was even worse in the security camera footage she shared, which showed her fleeing the swarm of bees following her closely
Take a dip: Then she plunges her hair into the pool to get rid of the bees, before deciding it’s not enough and jumping into the pool.
She appears to be wearing a white mask and stops by the back door and pauses, before leaning in to turn her hair around in hopes of freeing the remaining bees.
“My family was not at home and for some reason the people who work for me couldn’t hear me screaming for help,” she continued. “My landline was not dialing 911 and my epi pen was defective and would not open. “
A follow-up clip was captioned “This is the part I can laugh at now” and shows it first. dipping his hands in the pool to try to get rid of the bees that were clinging to his hair.
“I was screaming, ‘Help me, help me, oh my God. That’s when I was trying to get the big sting out of my hand, ”she says, looking at the camera footage.
Getting her hair wet didn’t seem to be enough, so after a pause, she threw herself into the pool, making sure to fully dip her head a few times.
Kyle later added that his narration sounded “beside himself” because she had just returned from the hospital when she filmed the clip.
Scary: To make matters worse, her EpiPen was faulty and her landline was not dialing 911. She urged people with severe allergies to always carry their epinephrine pens.
Another close-up from the hospital showed the Halloween actress with a red spot on her forehead, which appeared to be from one of the bites.
She hoped her ordeal would be a wake-up call for other people with severe allergies.
“I share this story with you because sometimes I don’t bother to take my pen cob with me. I also don’t know why I couldn’t get mine to work, ”she wrote.
Kyle urged others to educate themselves on the use of epinephrine devices and suggested that they get emergency help even if they have used the device before, which reflects recommendations from the Mayo Clinic and other health resources.
“It’s important to look on YouTube and watch the videos on how to use it. There are different types of Epi pens and they each work differently, ”she continued. “But also, always call 911 even if you can use your epi pen because they have other medicines to help with breathing and so on. ”
Evicted: After the ordeal, Kyle showed a photo of the bees roaming the area, writing that “These guys” were going to be “moved from my property ASAP”.
Just their job: A text message thanked the Los Angeles 83 Fire Station and Encino Hospital Medical Center “for responding so quickly and taking such good care of me”
EpiPen is a branded version of an epinephrine injection device, a tube the size of a marker with a small needle that should be pressed against the outside of the thigh until it clicks. engages, according to the manufacturer.
Epinephrine is more commonly known as adrenaline, and the natural stimulant can help relieve a severe allergic reaction.
After the ordeal, Kyle showed a photo of the bees walking around, writing that “These guys” were going to be “moved from my property as soon as possible”.
A bright red text message thanked Los Angeles Fire Department 83 Fire Station and Encino Hospital Medical Center “for responding so quickly and taking such good care of me,” a- she writes. “Including helping me through my panic attack. And for having had to convince me several times that there were no more bees in my hair.
On Sunday, members of the fire hall visited Kyle’s house to make sure she was recovering.
‘@ lafdfirestation83 came to see me the next day. Still looking like a hot mess with my pool hair and puncture marks, ”she wrote, adding the hashtag“ #supportyourlocalfiredepartment ”.
Recording: ‘@ lafdfirestation83 came to see me the next day. Still looking like a hot mess with my pool hair and puncture marks, ”she wrote