The overall total is now 18,150.
The number of active cases fell to 197.
There are currently 23 people receiving treatment at a local hospital; 13 are in intensive care.
Over 80 percent of residents 12 years of age and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine, equivalent to over 690,000 doses. More than 56 percent of residents aged 12 and over have been fully immunized.
Here are some other region dashboard updates:
- 4,401 cases tested positive for variants of concern – 3,121 are Alpha variant (first detected in UK) – 15 are related to Beta variant (first detected in South Africa) – 903 are linked to the Delta strain (first located in India) – 62 are linked to the Gamma variant (first detected in Brazil) – 300 cases where a mutation was detected
- The local death toll remains at 280. No new deaths were reported on Saturday.
- 17,664 cases resolved (97%)
- More than 532,600 tests have been carried out
There are currently 13 active households in the region. Seven are in the workplace:
- NEW Rising Oaks Early Childhood Learning Day Camp (6 cases)
- Storage 8 (4 cases)
- Hockey day camp at the University of Waterloo (2 cases)
- General office framework 15 (3 cases)
- Health services 3 (2 cases)
- Gathering frame 46 (1 case)
- Manufacturer / industrial 39 (14 cases)
- Automotive sales / service 9 (2 cases)
- St. Mary’s General Hospital (fourth floor)
- Farm 3 (23 cases)
- Marian Residence retirement home (4 cases among staff, 2 cases among residents, one death)
- Retail 12 (7 cases)
- Gathering frame 42 – multiple locations (115 cases)
Meanwhile, the province reported 176 new cases on Saturday.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are displayed below:
- 7.72 million people fully immunized – 17.97 million doses administered
- 548,040 cases in total
- 537,379 cases resolved
- 143 people are hospitalized – 149 are in intensive care (*** This number includes patients who are in an intensive care unit (ICU) level 2 and 3 flex, neonatal, pediatric and adult. This includes people on ventilators and people who are not ***) – 109 are on a ventilator
- 9,288 deaths (3 new)
- 21,392 tests carried out on Friday – Over 16.33 million since January 15, 2020