Ostovich defeated VanZant in the main event of the Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 19, which took place Friday night at the Florida State Fairgrounds. Ostovich edged VanZant in a unanimous decision, winning with scores of 48-47, 48-47 and 49-46 on the judges’ cards.
It was a rematch that stemmed from an MMA fight in January 2019 when the two fighters met at UFC Fight Night 143. VanZant won the contest, submitting Ostovich with a second-round armband.
The first two rounds were very competitive as both fighters were figuring out their timing and style.
Ostovich landed big on VanZant, but the former “Dancing with the Stars” contestant made sure to respond with her own solid punches. They engaged in savage exchanges and often landed the two fighters landing sharp melee shots. It was a high level competition.
In the third round, Ostovich clearly took the advantage. She was constantly connecting her right hand while moving away from VanZant’s shots. VanZant couldn’t find the target and Ostovich was constantly marking it.
– Bare Knuckle FC (@bareknucklefc) July 24, 2021
The fourth and fifth Ostovich kept the momentum going. VanZant recovered at times, but Ostovich was clearly in the lead – even stunning VanZant on several occasions in the last four minutes.
VanZant made his barehanded debut in February, losing a decision to Britain Hart. She is now 0-2 since leaving the UFC and moving to BKFC.
Meanwhile, that fight marked Ostovich’s first fight since leaving the UFC in late 2020. She earned her first victory in combat sports since December 2017.
Below are the full results of BKFC 19:
- Rachael Ostovich beat him. Paige VanZant by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46)
- Arnold Adams a bat. Mick Terrill by KO – Round 2, 0:38
- Brittany Hart def. Jenny Savage via TKO – Round 3, 1:55
- Taylor Starling a battu. Cassie Robb via TKO – Round 1, 0:28
- Geane Herrera beat Abdiel Velazquez via TKO – Round 2, 0:14
- Blue face def. Kane Trujilo by unanimous decision
- Nick Ireland beat. DK Money via majority decision
- Evil hero def. Dakota Olave via unanimous decision
- Terry Janoski a battu. Richard Carsten via TKO – Round 1, 1:55
- Antonio Soto beat. Joshua Sikes via unanimous decision (50-45, 49-46, 48-47)
- Jared Warren a vaincu Zion Tomlinson par KO – Round 1, 1:14
- Jay Jackson a battu. Damon Bell par KO – Round 3, 1:58
- Chris Jensen a battu. Kyle McElroy via TKO – Round 1, 1:27
- Jordan Nash beat. Brandon Allen via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)