MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell removed his company’s ads from Fox News after refusing to run an ad related to allegations of voter fraud in the 2020 election.
Lindell, 60, told the Wall Street Journal that he had asked Fox News to run an advertisement promoting the cyber-symposium that he planned to broadcast live next month.
Trump’s staunch ally told the outlet the ad would not specifically mention the allegations of voter fraud. However, he said the symposium “will prove that the 2020 election was stolen” from then President Donald Trump.
Fox News confirmed to DailyMail.com that the network declined to run the ad.
“It is unfortunate that Mr. Lindell has chosen to suspend his commercial time on FOX News given the level of success he has had in building his brand through advertising on the number one cable news network,” a Fox News spokesperson told DailyMail.com.
Ads for MyPillow were still running on Fox News Thursday night. It was not immediately clear when the ads will stop running.
MyPillow is among Fox News’ biggest advertisers – and spent nearly $ 50 million on Fox News in 2020, the Wall Street Journal reported. Lindell told the outlet that, so far, the company has lost $ 19 million running ads on the network this year.
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell removed the company’s ads from Fox News after the network refused to run an ad linked to allegations of voter fraud in 2020
Lindell said the advertisement Fox refused to run promoted an upcoming symposium which he said “will prove the 2020 election has been stolen” from then President Donald Trump.
DailyMail.com has contacted MyPillow for more information and additional comments.
Even after numerous recounts and election audits demanded by Republicans, President Joe Biden clearly won the 2020 presidential election.
A flurry of lawsuits by Trump and his followers after the November election were also dismissed by the courts, saying they lacked merit.
Nationwide election officials, as well as security experts, have repeatedly noted that there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud.
Still, Lindell continued to broadcast conspiracy theories alleging that Dominion Voting Systems, which makes voting machines, reversed the 2020 presidential election results from Trump to Biden.
Dominion has filed a $ 1.3 billion libel lawsuit against Lindell and MyPillow.
Lindell then counterattacked Dominion for $ 1.6 billion, while doubling down on his election fraud allegations.
The CEO of MyPillow said on his website that the 72-hour “non-stop” cyber-symposium will be held live on August 10 on frankspeech.com.
“Most people know that Mike Lindell ruffled a few feathers. After all, actively questioning the results of the 2020 election is a serious point of contention, ”the site read.
“Now with a billion dollar lawsuit with Dominion and millions lost by big companies pulling the pillows at him, Mike Lindell has prepared for the fight. ”
The site continued, “Between the release of searing documentaries that expose issues with results and information gathering, Mike Lindell is ready to begin his showdown. “
“For opposing the results, the Democratic Party and other dissidents scoffed at this effort. Above all, to say that this data does not exist. However, Mike Lindell is ready to put his money where his mouth is with this upcoming Cyber Symposium! ‘
Dominion filed a $ 1.3 billion libel lawsuit against Lindell and MyPillow
The website added that the symposium is a “private event” and that Lindell “will reveal cyber data and packet captures from the November 2020 election”.
He also said he would offer a $ 5 million reward to anyone who can “find proof that this cyber data is not valid data.”
Dominion, along with Smartmatic USA, filed lawsuits against Fox News, claiming hosts and guests on the network made defamatory comments about their voting machines.
Fox News has claimed that statements made by its hosts and guests are protected by the First Amendment and has decided to dismiss the lawsuits.
Lindell is pictured in one of her many Fox News appearances