Bob Odenkirk officially opened up about his meltdown while on the set of “Better Call Saul” in New Mexico earlier this week.
The actor, 58, took to social media on Friday to respond to the news and thanked fans and loved ones for their best wishes.
“To my family and friends who have surrounded me this week. And for the outpouring of love from all who have expressed concern and concern for me. It is overwhelming. But I feel the love and it means so much, ”he wrote in a tweet.
“I had a little heart attack. But it will be fine thanks to Rosa Estrada and the doctors who were able to repair the blockage without surgery, ”he continued in a subsequent statement. follow-up tweet. “Also, the support and assistance from AMC and SONY throughout this stage has been on a higher level. I will take some time to recover, but will be back soon. “
BRYAN CRANSTON SAYS BOB ODENKIRK ‘GETS THE MEDICAL CARE HE NEEDS’ AFTER collapsing on set
‘NOBODY’ STAR BOB ODENKIRK RECALLS A BREAK IN HIS FAMILY HOME: ‘I SEIZED A BASEBALL BAT’
Fox News confirmed on Tuesday that the former “Saturday Night Live” screenwriter and Emmy winner was rushed to hospital after collapsing while filming the spin-off’s sixth and final season. of “Breaking Bad”.
Members of the crew called an ambulance which took the actor to hospital, where he remained on Tuesday evening, a person close to Odenkirk who was not authorized to go told The Associated Press. publicly express on the case.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Odenkirk has been nominated for four Emmy Awards for playing the title character, a hapless lawyer named Jimmy McGill, who becomes increasingly corrupt and adopts the pseudonym Saul Goodman.
The Associated Press contributed to this report