Menu for the Place du Marché de France at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
- 🆕 Donut with Three Cheeses: Warm Donut filled with Three Cheeses – $ 5.75
- Escargot Croissant: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley – $ 6.25
- 🆕 Coq au Vin, Pommes Dauphine: Burgundy wine braised chicken with bacon and puffed potatoes – $ 6.25
- 🆕 Crème Brûlée au Grand Mariner: Vanilla Crème Brûlée with Grand Marnier Liqueur ($ 32 / bottle) (Contains Alcohol) – $ 5.50
The La Passion Martini Slushy returns to the festival after a year of absence in 2020.
Photos of menu items from the French market place at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
* NEW * Three Cheese Donut: Hot donut filled with three cheeses – $ 5.75
It was good but strange. The batter tastes like a standard donut, slightly sweet, maybe slightly undercooked. The cheese mixture was delicious, creamy and smooth. It was a good mix of cheese flavors.
However, the cheese and the donut were an odd combination. It wasn’t really bad, just strange.
Escargot Croissant: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley – $ 6.25
A fan favorite returns this year and does not have price increase, yeah! Snails are prepared by expert chefs in France to become essentially garlic and butter. They are placed inside the croissant topped with a garlic / parsley butter. It might not be the healthiest option at the festival, but it’s unique and delicious. We’re still crazy about it after all these years.
* NEW * Coq au Vin, Pommes Dauphine: Burgundy wine braised chicken with bacon and puffed potatoes – $ 6.25
It was the best of the stand. The chicken was tender but firm. The sauce was delicious and the flavor of the red wine was present but not overwhelming.
The bacon was soft, not crispy, but added a good flavor with the pearl onions. The puffed potatoes were a nice compliment with a crispy texture and a salty flavor.
* NEW * Crème Brûlée au Grand Mariner: Vanilla Crème Brûlée with Grand Marnier Liqueur ($ 32 / bottle) (Contains Alcohol) – $ 5.50
It was weird. The custard was really thin and runny, definitely not the consistency it should be.
The flavor of the Grand Marnier was very strong, almost too strong. The granulated sugar was at least as it should be.
* NEW * Evian Cucumber Mint Sparkling Water with Magnesium and Zinc (alcohol free) – $ 4.75
This is refreshing with light flavors of cucumber and mint. If you like these flavors this is great and a good alternative to regular bottled water, but don’t go out of your way for it.
* NEW * Strawberry Rose Mimosa: Pol Remy Sparkling Wine ($ 7 / bottle), Orange Juice and Monin Strawberry Rose – $ 8.50
It was good but nothing to write home about. It’s a standard mimosa with sparkling wine and orange juice, but with a hint of strawberry. It’s tasty and refreshing but forgettable
Sparkling Rosé Traditional Champagne Method: Rosé Sparkling Wine, Pink Flamingo ($ 16 / bottle) – $ 12.50
Yorkshire Wines and Spirits describes this sparkling rosé: “A feast for the eyes: this sparkling Pink Flamingo Rosé impresses with its luminosity and delicate pale salmon pink color. Its radiance is elegantly expressed in very fine bubbles. A treat for the nose: complex, like behind beautiful small white flowers and floral notes of violet, the wine opens with delicate citrus aromas mixed with small wild red fruits. The whole is amplified by the great freshness that one expects from a sparkling wine.
* NEW * Chardonnay, Louis de Camponac ($ 10 / bottle) – $ 5.00
The British grocery store Tesco describes this Chardonnay: “This white wine has a clear and brilliant yellow color with aromas of white fruits. The palate is full of flavors and [fruitiness]. »
* NEW * Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot Blend, Bordeaux, Château de Prieuré ($ 50 / bottle) – $ 6.00
The Wine Cellar Insider describes this blend, also known as St. Emilion Bordeaux, as “dark garnet in color, the wine offers flowers, spices, liquorice, stones and plum on the nose, Sweet , silky and seductive, with a medium bodied palate, the finish continues on the freshness and purity of the fruit as well as a saline quality on the finish.
La Passion Martini Slushy: Vodka, Gray Goose Le Citron Vodka, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice (80 proof, $ 30/750 ml) – $ 12.50
We love this frozen drink. It is a bit pricey but the taste and the alcoholic character of the drink are well justified. It’s cool, refreshing, and tastes fruity enough to be pleasant without being overly sweet.
Location of the France Marketplace at the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival
The France Marketplace for the EPCOT 2021 International Food and Wine Festival is located on the World Showcase Promenade in front of the France Pavilion, number 17 on the map below.
Would Remy and Gusto be proud of these culinary creations or would Anton Ego leave a bad review?