France The data center market is growing at a CAGR of 3.39% during the period 2021-2026.
The data center market in France includes approximately 43 unique third-party data center service providers operating more than 130 facilities. COVID-19 has significantly boosted the French data center market, with increased adoption of colocation by existing customers and increased investments in new data centers and cloud regions. Data centers are increasingly powered by 100% renewable energy in France. Equinix, Digital Realty, and Colt Data Center Services power their operations with green energy across the country.
The report examines the current scenario of the France Data Center market and its market dynamics for the forecast period 2021-2026. It covers a detailed overview of several growth factors, restraints and market trends. The study includes the demand and supply aspects of the market.
FRANCE LANDSCAPE OF DATA CENTER MARKET PROVIDERS
ICT and financial service providers dominate server adoption in the country. Vendors such as NetApp, Lenovo, IBM and Hewlett Packard Enterprise have a strong presence in the market. Some of the country’s leading Big Data and IoT companies include BLACKBOXSECU, Actility, CENISIS, Keyrus and Proxem. Paris is home to major ICT companies and is a leading startup ecosystem in the country, a hub city for data center investments in France.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT:
- Growing investments in start-ups such as FinTech and e-commerce using big data analytics and IoT applications are expected to increase demand for all-flash storage in the world. France data center market.
- The need for DCIM software to monitor facilities will continue to grow among existing facilities, and new data center facilities will likely be part of the investment.
- DATA4 will expand its Paris-Saclay campus, which will be able to support 105 MW in full-built mode, including 24 new installations.
- Data centers developed in other parts of France (locations other than Paris) will add a cumulative electrical capacity of more than 150 MW between 2021 and 2026.
- The hyperscale operator AWS plans to build a data center in Brétigny-Sur-Orge.
- Increased connectivity through submarine cable deployments will further stimulate the growth of data centers in the country.
FRANCE DATA CENTER MARKET OVERVIEW
- The growing demand for smart devices, the growing demand for the adoption of analytical cloud and wireless network technologies are leading several French organizations to invest in Big Data and IoT technology.
- Paris is the main data center of France, hosting more than 50% of the total number of facilities.
- In France, cloud adoption is expected to increase, with the IaaS and PaaS segments growing 20% and 25% year-on-year respectively, followed by the SaaS segment, growing 15% year-on-year.
- France is considered one of the largest colocation data center markets in L’Europe and part of the FLAP markets.
- The tax benefits apply not only to renewable energy sources, but also to cooling towers, UPS systems, fans and other hardware that makes the data center energy efficient.
- Mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures are strategies used by major data center investors to increase their presence.
- SME adoption of cloud-based services has increased during the pandemic, which should help from France growth in the data center market.
IT infrastructure providers
- Arista Networks
- Cisco Systems
- Dell Technologies
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- Technologies Huawei
Building contractors and subcontractors
- APL Data Center
- Bouygues Energies & Services
- Cap Ingelec
- PEJ MCF
- Group M + W
- TPF Engineering
Support infrastructure providers
- Alfa Laval
- Climaveneta (electric Mitsubishi)
- HONDT THERMAL SOLUTIONS
- GS Yuasa International
- Honeywell International
- Riello electronics (Riello UPS)
- Rolls-Royce Fuel Systems
- Schneider Electric
- Vertiv Group
- Advanced mediomatrix
- Digital real estate
- Euclyde data centers
- DataCenter Thesis
- Titan Data Centers
The segmentation includes:
EXISTING VS. FUTURE DATA CENTERS
- Existing installations in the region (surface area and electrical capacity)
- Other cities
- List of upcoming installations in the region (surface area and electrical capacity)
FRANCE COVERAGE OF DATA CENTER INVESTMENTS
- Informatique infrastructure
- Electrical infrastructure
- Mechanical infrastructure
- General construction
- Storage systems
- Network infrastructure
- UPS systems
- Transfer switches and switchgear
- Other electrical infrastructure
- Cooling systems
- Rack cabinets
- Other mechanical infrastructure
- CRAC & CRAH units
- Cooling towers, condensers and dry coolers
- Evaporative Economizers and Coolers
- Other cooling units
- Building development
- Installation and commissioning services
- Building and engineering design
- Physical security
- Level I & Level II
- Level III
- Level IV
WHY BUY THIS RESEARCH?
- Size of the market available in the region, electrical capacity, investment and colocation income.
- An assessment of the investment in France by colocation, hyperscale and enterprise operators.
- Investments in data centers in terms of area (square feet) and electrical capacity (MW) in cities across the country.
- A detailed study of the existing market landscape, an in-depth analysis of the industry and insightful predictions on the France data center market size over the forecast period.
- Overview of existing and upcoming third-party installations in France
- Covered facilities (existing): 133
- Identified facilities (to come): 9
- Coverage: 34 cities
- Existing vs. to come (data center area)
- Existing vs. to come (IT load capacity)
- Data center colocation market in France
- Revenue and Market Forecast (2020-2026)
- Retail colocation pricing
- Wholesale roommate price
- Classification of the France Data center market investments in multiple segments and sub-segments (IT, power, cooling and general construction services) with market sizing and forecasting.
- A comprehensive analysis of the latest trends, growth rate, potential opportunities and growth constraints, and industry outlook.
- Company overview and product offerings from leading IT infrastructure providers, construction contractors, support infrastructure providers and investors operating in the industry.
- A transparent research methodology and analysis of the demand and supply aspect of the market.
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/e9xco0
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets