On Monday evening, Greater Manchester Police confirmed that an individual was arrested on Friday pending further investigations.
The statement read: “Officers arrested a man on Friday July 16, 2021 on suspicion of child sex offenses.
“He is free on bail by the police pending further investigations. “
Everton later confirmed they had suspended a player with a spokesperson delivering the news in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
A club statement said: “We can confirm that we have suspended a player pending a police investigation.
“The club will continue to support the authorities in their investigations and will not make any further statements at this time. “
The player cannot be named for legal reasons and vigorously denies the charges.
But according to the sun , some Goodison Park players are asking bosses to end the gossip surrounding the team by naming the accused individual.
They were also told not to contact the player as the situation grew increasingly tense.
A source quoted in the report said: “The players are very restless, they are not happy to be dragged into it.
“The senior Everton players have been contacted day and night by other Prem stars, all looking for details. “
Earlier this week, Everton’s side flew to America for the Florida Cup, where they will play two matches before facing Manchester United on August 7.
The daily mail reported that the Toffees were providing 24/7 support to the player returning to Merseyside and had moved him to temporary accommodation until an investigation was completed.
So far, he has not been charged with any offense and is currently on bail pending further investigation.
Do you want an exclusive preview of YOUR club before the season – both in your inbox and through your mailbox? Go here to learn more and secure your copy.