Last week it was suggested that the Senegalese center-back would be available for around £ 35million this summer, and that Everton’s new manager Rafa Benitez had recommended the 30-year-old to the Everton hierarchy.
Koulibaly has been linked with a move to the Premier League for years and, particularly at Man Utd, his club valuing him up to £ 100million in previous transfer windows.
Ten Premier League clubs that have made the most of transfer sales …
It was reported over the weekend that Everton had made an offer for Koulibaly and now it appears that Man Utd have followed their lead.
Gazzetta dello Sport claimed on Monday that Man Utd made a € 30million offer for Koulibaly but Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis turned it down.
And today another report from Italy, in the form of Corriere dello Sport (Going through Sports witness), argued yesterday’s initial report,
Corriere dello Sport says that “yes, for the moment his agent, Fali Ramadani, has delivered an offer of 30 million euros signed by Manchester United” for Koulibaly.
Luciano Spalletti will hope Koulibaly stays with De Laurentiis demanding € 50million from any interested club if he is to buy the 30-year-old this summer.
Napoli head coach Spalletti recently tried to pour cold water on the rumors of a move, he said: “Koulibaly is one of the vice-captains of this team.
“As far as I’m concerned, he’s staying in Naples. It is not easy to find a replacement for him, all his teammates appreciate him and I have found that he is constantly talking on the pitch. Everyone respects their presence in the locker rooms.
Meanwhile, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed on Sunday that Man Utd hope to secure a deal to sign Borussia Dortmund England international Jadon Sancho as soon as possible.
Speaking after their friendly victory over County Derby, Solskjaer said: “I don’t think it’s a secret that we made a deal with Dortmund. We are working on it. There are a few things (to be completed) on the paperwork.