COVID-19: Over half a million people in England surveyed by NHS test and tracing app in one week, highest figure on record

0
18
COVID-19: Over half a million people in England surveyed by NHS test and tracing app in one week, highest figure on record


More than half a million people in England were surveyed by the NHS Test and Trace app in a week, the highest figure on record.

A total of 520,194 alerts were sent to NHS users COVID-19[feminine[feminine app in the week leading up to July 7, telling them they had been in close contact with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus.

This is an increase from 356,677 the week before – an increase of 46% – and the highest weekly figure since the data was first released in January.

Image:
Robert Jenrick admitted that the government was “concerned” about the number of people on work stoppage

This is because some companies have reportedly lost 20% of their employees.

Factories across Britain risk closing following employees “pinged” by the application, warned the union Unite.

The union said large numbers of workers had to self-isolate, with auto industry companies particularly affected.

This morning Secretary of the Communities Robert Jenrick said the government was “concerned” about the number of people on sick leave due to a “ping” by the app.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

From Monday, the legal obligation to wear face masks indoors in England will end.

Mr Jenrick told LBC Radio today: “It is important that we have the app, that we take it seriously, that when we receive these messages, we act on it. “

But Mr Jenrick said ministers would think “further” about how the government can ensure this is a “proportionate response”.

He added: “We are concerned about absences resulting from a ping, for example. This is one of the reasons why we need to take a more proportionate approach. “

Image:
The government is ‘concerned’ about the number of people questioned by the NHS app

The Secretary of Communities was forced to defend the way the government treated the COVID-19[feminine[feminine rules, described as “total mess”.

He insisted that the nation is entering a “new phase” where “we all exercise our personal judgment”.

But the Welsh Prime Minister, Mark Drakeford, said it was “difficult” for people in England to know exactly what is expected of them.

And he urged Westminster to take a four-nation approach.

Premier of Wales, Mark Drakeford
Image:
Welsh Prime Minister Mark Drakeford urged Westminster to follow a four-country approach

“It is the UK government that is the outlier and if it was prepared to comply with the decisions that have been taken in Scotland and Wales, for example, it would be clearer and simpler for everyone.” , Mr Drakeford told Good Matin Bretagne.

The TUC called the official guidelines a “recipe for chaos and increased infections.”

And the store workers’ union, Usdaw, described it as a “real mess”, offering no insurance for employees or customers.

Meanwhile, Dr Roger Barker, director of policy at the Institute of Directors, said companies were “understandably confused” by the government’s “mixed messages and patchwork demands”.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here