The Northern Ireland executive has announced that people who have been fully vaccinated in the UK will not have to self-isolate upon return from Amber List countries.
This goes into effect from July 26 and those who are fully vaccinated will no longer have to take an eighth day test after arriving.
Travelers will still need to take a Covid test before departure as well as a PCR test on the second day of their return.
The definition of a “fully vaccinated” traveler is a person who:
- has completed a full cycle of vaccination, whether it requires two doses or one dose (according to the schedule authorized by the MHRA as approved by the MHRA and / or the EMA); and
- completed the full cycle of vaccination at least 14 days previously.
The executive added that certain groups should be exempted from these measures, that is, treated as if they are fully vaccinated.
These groups are:
- Participants in clinical trials
- Children under 18
- Those with medical advice against vaccination.
So, with this welcome news, you might be wondering which Orange List countries you can fly directly from Belfast airports to.
We have compiled a list of all flights departing from Belfast City Airport and Belfast International Airport to the countries on this list.
Orange list of countries you can fly to from Belfast airports
Three airlines currently operate flights from Belfast City Airport to Orange List countries:
- Milan (flights start July 17)
- Valencia (flights start July 18)
Currently, two airlines operate flights from Belfast International Airport to Orange List countries:
- Corfu (from July 22)
- Krakow (from July 18)
If restrictions continue to ease, additional routes are also expected from Belfast International to France, the Netherlands, Croatia, Greece, Cyprus, the Canary Islands and Lithuania.
The travel status of countries is subject to change and for an up-to-date status, official advice to foreign travelers should be consulted.