a victim of a “possible kidnapping” shows up at the police station – .

a victim of a “possible kidnapping” shows up at the police station – .

Montreal cops say a 16-year-old girl is safe and three people have been arrested in a bizarre saga.

Content of the article

A 16-year-old girl who was the subject of an Amber Alert early Tuesday showed up at a local police station shortly after her apparent kidnapping was made public to local media, and three people have been arrested.

Content of the article

Montreal police spokesperson Manuel Couture said the incident – which is still under investigation – began around 11:10 p.m. Monday at a restaurant on Boulevard St-Charles. in Kirkland.

Police arrived after receiving a report of a “possible kidnapping” and learned that the teenager, who was inside the restaurant, had been seen forced into a car “by at least one. suspect ”.

Couture said investigators from the Force’s Major Crime Division were “concerned for the safety of the young woman” and issued an Amber Alert on Tuesday morning.

The alert, issued around 6:20 a.m., prompted news outlets to publish a photo and description of the teenager as well as that of her alleged kidnapper, a 22-year-old man.

After heavy media coverage of the incident, “the victim was finally located when she reported to a police station,” Couture said.

Content of the article

Three arrests were made in connection with the incident – including the 22-year-old man – and investigators “must now examine the circumstances which led to this event and verify the involvement of those involved”. Couture could not provide details of the other people arrested or their connections to the victim. A fourth person was briefly detained and then released.

Couture’s statement about the arrests follows a series of contradictory and unclear updates sent by Montreal police.

When the Amber alert was lifted shortly after 7 a.m., Montreal police said the teenager had been found and a suspect had been arrested. This version was edited about two hours later to say the suspect was still at large, until it was again edited to say he was arrested at 10:45 a.m.

The three people arrested were due to appear in court on Tuesday evening.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here