4 dead at music festival, 3 of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning – .

0
11
4 dead at music festival, 3 of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning – .


Three men died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning inside their trailer during a three-day country festival in Michigan over the weekend – just hours after a woman at the show was also found dead, authorities said.

The trio, who were among five men in their twenties inside the trailer, were found on Saturday about six hours after another concert attendee, Melissa Donna Havens, 30, were also found dead at the Faster Horses Festival in the village of Brooklyn, authorities said.

The three lifeless men were discovered around 1:30 p.m. – and authorities believe a generator placed too close to the trailer was the source of the poisonous gas.

According to the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office, two of the surviving men were taken to a local hospital in critical condition and treated for acute carbon monoxide poisoning.

Earlier Saturday, at around 7:30 a.m., Havens was found dead on festival grounds of an unknown cause, Michigan State Police said.

Authorities said they were looking for a man in his 30s in connection with Havens’ death. He was reportedly seen with the victim shortly before she was found dead.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here