CANTON DE WOODSTOCK, Michigan. – MPs are investigating what happened at the Faster Horses Festival after three men were killed inside the campsite on Saturday.
Original story: Lenawee County Sheriff: 3 dead at Faster Horses due to potential carbon monoxide exposure
“The three poor guys had carbon monoxide inside their camping trailer,” said Connie McTaggart.
McTaggart said word of what happened at the Faster Horses Festival in Woodstock Township quickly spread throughout the city.
“It’s really sad, you know, they were somebody’s kids,” McTaggart said.
Lenawee County Sheriff’s Deputies told Local 4 they received the call around 1:27 p.m. Saturday about five people found unconscious at the campground, located near the corner of US-12 and the Brooklyn Highway. Upon arrival, they found five men inside the trailer. They started CPR treatment, but three died at the scene.
“It was mind-blowing because again, I have a 22 year old. It’s like it’s the age of these kids, ”McTaggart said. “It’s very devastating. I am sad for the parents.
MPs said a friend called 911 after not hearing from the five.
MPs said the incident was being investigated as suspected exposure to carbon monoxide from a generator. As for the other two victims, they are in critical condition.
The incident is not linked to the death of a woman at the festival on Saturday morning.
Authorities are urging residents to remember to keep generators and vehicle exhaust away from camping areas, tents and caravans.
Suite: Lenawee County News
Copyright 2021 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit – All rights reserved.