WWE recently parted ways with a number of Superstars, who have been told they are being released as part of budget cuts. Now word via Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men podcast is that there will be more releases made as the company looks to cut contracts.
It was reported earlier this week that there is a surge among some in WWE who think Aleister Black should be brought back. Zarian reported on Mat Men that there are a lot of people within WWE who believe that society never really intends to completely release some wrestlers, and that some of the cuts are just a transfer of contract so that they can renegotiate the agreements.
This way of doing business is unofficial, but it is highly speculated within WWE, and people would be very unhappy with the possibility of this happening, due to the fact that WWE could terminate contracts in the middle. of a wrestler’s contract, in order to renegotiate, just to give less money to this talent. It has been noted that this is not something WWE does often, and it is not the first time we have heard of the practice, but if it were true it would be a new way of working for the company.
It has also been said that the WWE leadership wanted to cut contracts and because of that, more versions are coming. It is not known exactly when the next round of cups will be made, nor who will be released, but it was noted that this last round of June 2 was not the final list of cups.
Since mid-April, WWE has released a number of wrestlers and made several office cuts as part of a corporate restructuring. The following Superstars have been released since the first round of budget cuts on April 15 of this year: Wesley Blake, Bo Dallas, Chelsea Green, Tucker Knight, Kalisto, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Mickie James, Samoa Joe, Ruby Riott, Aleister Black, Braun Strowman, Santana Garrett, Lana and Buddy Murphy. They also released Lars Sullivan, Steve Cutler and Andrade in the months leading up to April, but for various reasons.
Stay tuned for more.