The NASCAR All-Star race arrives for the very first time in the Lone Star State.
The mid-season show will take place at Texas Motor Speedway on June 13.
Fans will be allowed in the stands and will also vote to choose the 21st rider from the starting lineup.
Here’s all you need to know:
WHEN IS IT ?
The green flag is expected to fly at 8 p.m. ET on Sunday night.
WHO IS IN?
Active drivers who have won the Cup Series championship or the All-Star race in the past 10 years automatically qualify with the winners of the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Kyle Larson took pole position through a draw.
A series of All-Star Open races will take place before the All-Star race starting at 5 p.m. to choose three other drivers for the lineup. The winners of the two preliminary rounds and the main All-Star Open each get a place.
WHO IS THE GREAT MARSHALL?
Legends of football coaches Joe Gibbs and Tom Landry Jr. will serve as Grand Marshalls. Football greats Gibbs and the late Tom Landry Sr. were Grand Marshalls for the very first NASCAR Cup Series race on the speedway in 1997. Gibbs, of course, will do double duty as team owner Joe Gibbs Racing. .
WHO SINGS THE NATIONAL HUMAN?
Solo pop artist and ‘Pussycat Dolls’ member Kaya Jones will perform ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ for her second All-Star Race, having previously performed before the 2013 event at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
HOW DOES THE RACE WORK?
It is complicated. We’ll let NASCAR explain:
- Round 1: 15 laps. After this round, the field will be reversed from the eighth to the 12th position, to be selected by lot.
- Round 2: 15 laps, with all the field reversed after this segment.
- Round 3: 15 laps, again the field will be reversed from the eighth to the 12th position, to be selected by a toss after this round.
- Round 4: 15 laps.
- Round 5: 30 laps. The composition of this round will be determined by the cumulative finish of the first four rounds, the best cumulative starting from pole. Any tie in total score will be broken down by (in order): Most career All-Star wins, most Cup Series points race wins, or 2021 Cup Series driver standings. All cars must enter the pit lane for a mandatory stop of all four tires during this round. The crew with the fastest stop will pocket $ 100,000.
- Round 6: 10 laps. The cars will line up according to their finish position from the previous round for the final segment.
WHAT DOES THE WINNER RECEIVE?
$ 1 million. (Dr. Evil should think about getting into the stock car race!)
HOW IS THE WEATHER ?
Clear skies and a sweltering temperature of 92 degrees are predicted for the start time.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
HOW TO LOOK AT IT?
The All-Star Open begins at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday and will air on FS1 with the All-Star Race following at 8 p.m. ET. Those with a participating TV provider can also watch the event online and on smart devices using the FOX Sports app.
WHO WILL WIN ?
Fox Bet favorite is Kyle Larson, followed by Chase Elliott, Martin Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch.