This brings the overall total to 16,621.
Hospitalizations remain stable with 33 people hospitalized being treated for the virus – 20 are in intensive care.
The active workload is up from 37 to 463.
Over 385,000 Waterloo region residents (18+) have received at least one dose of the vaccine, which is equivalent to over 70 percent. Over 40,000 residents (8.58%) have been fully immunized.
Here are some other region dashboard updates:
- 3,454 cases tested positive for the variants of concern – 3,042 are the Alpha variant (first detected in the UK) – 11 are related to the Beta variant (first detected in South Africa) – 35 are linked to the Delta strain (first located in India) – 60 are linked to the Gamma variant (first detected in Brazil) – 306 cases where a mutation was detected
- The local death toll remains at 258. No new deaths were reported on Sunday.
- 15,890 resolved cases (95%)
- More than 501,900 tests have been carried out
There are currently four active foci in the region:
- General office framework 13 (5 cases)
- Bilingual Montessori school daycare Trillium (2 cases)
- Waterloo Regional Police – Central Division (2 cases)
- Gathering frame 42 – multiple locations (73 cases)
Meanwhile, the province reported 530 cases on Sunday.
The rest of the provincial COVID-19 totals are displayed below:
- 1.79 million people fully immunized – 11.2 million doses administered
- 539,683 cases in total
- 525,125 cases resolved
- 373 people are hospitalized – 426 are in intensive care – 273 are on a ventilator
- 8,957 deaths (7 new)
- 20,731 tests performed on Saturday – 15.56 million since January 15, 2020