Justice Department charges six people linked to pro-Trump rallies and right-wing revolutionary group in new Capitol riot plot case – –

0
5
Justice Department charges six people linked to pro-Trump rallies and right-wing revolutionary group in new Capitol riot plot case – –



The case adds to a stack of lawsuits by investigators alleging that American extremist groups from far-right organizations like the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers worked together to plan the attack on certification by Congress of the presidential vote.

This is the first case against several people who are believed to be affiliated with the three percent.

The alleged Three Percentage conspirators are: Alan Hostetter, of San Clemente, Russell Taylor, of Ladera Ranch, Erik Scott Warner of Menifee, Felipe Antonio “Tony” Martinez and Derek Kinnison, of Lake Elsinore, and Ronald Mele, of Temecula.

Kinnison had written in a crypto app the group had used to plan that he, Martinez and Warner were participating in the Three Percent Militia, which prosecutors said was supporting an armed revolution.

Taylor, a speaker at a Jan. 5 rally for then-President Donald Trump, is also accused of carrying a knife and telling the crowd at the Jan. 6 siege to “move on.” and to head “inside!” ”
In February, the FBI raided the homes of Hostetter and Taylor.

Hostetter had founded the American Phoenix Project to oppose pandemic restrictions in 2020, and worked with Taylor and an anonymous person later in the year to claim that the election was stolen from Trump, according to the act of accusation Thursday.

Hostetter and Taylor also co-sponsored the pro-Trump rally near the Supreme Court on January 5, a day before the attack, CNN previously reported.

Footage from the rally shows the men spitting out militant vitriol: Hostetter told the crowd to prepare for “war tomorrow” against “vipers” in Congress who refused to undo President Joe Biden’s victory. Taylor said: “We will not return to our peaceful way of life until this election is corrected. “

Until January 6, Hostetter and Taylor booked rooms at the Kimpton George Hotel and had a conversation with Telegram which they dubbed “The California Patriots-Answer the Call Jan 6”.

Another Telegram chat, used by the six defendants, said in its “about” section that it would serve as a communication tool for “able-bodied people” who, on January 6, were “ready to fight”, according to the deed. accusation.

Another of the indicted men, Ronald Mele, wrote on Facebook that he planned to bring “gear,” and he stayed at a Courtyard Marriott in Washington, DC, prosecutors said.

Mele, Warner, Kinnison and Martinez are planning a trip across the country to get to the Trump rally, prosecutors said.

The four also discussed the use of headphones connected to radios and guns hidden in their SUVs, according to the indictment.

CNN’s requests for comment to Hostetter on Thursday went unanswered.

Dyke Huish, an attorney for Taylor, told CNN his client had not been arrested and that Taylor planned to report himself to authorities on Friday.

“Mr. Taylor intends to appear in court and intends to plead not guilty,” Huish said. “(The indictment) surprised us. “

CNN’s Paul Murphy contributed to this report.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here