Former Bellator champion and UFC contender Hector Lombard faced Joe Riggs in the third of four title fights on Saturday night.
The fight itself ended in a controversial fashion as Lombard (3-0 BKFC) retained Riggs (2-1-1 BKFC) shorts while shooting him a clean punch in the eye. As a result, Riggs was unable to continue as he said he could only see with one eye, crowning Lombard the cruiserweight champion by doctor’s stoppage.
After the fight, the drama continued.
Just as Lombard was starting his post-fight interview, compatriot BKFC Lorenzo Hunt entered the ring and approached Lombard. The new champion didn’t appreciate his space being invaded and threw Hunt two hard knocks.
– FITE (@FiteTV) June 27, 2021
Coincidentally, it was Riggs, who just lost the fight, who pulled Lombard away to make sure the moment didn’t escalate further.
After the brawl, there was reportedly no post-fight interview with Lombard, and the ring was eventually wiped out.
The most recent results from the BKFC 18 include:
- Hector Lombard won. Joe Riggs via TKO (doctor stop) – Round 4, 1:07 * for cruiserweight title
- Thiago Alves beat. Ulysses Diaz via TKO (doctor stop) – Round 3, 5:00 * for middleweight title
- Luis Palomino beat. Tyler Goodjohn by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) * for the lightweight title
- Beat a Pearl Gonzalez. Charisa Sigala by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Julian Lane has beaten. Jake Bostwick via unanimous decision (50-44, 50-43, 48-45)
- Jarod Grant defeated Travis Thompson via TKO (Doctor Stop) – Round 4, 0:35
- Eddie Hoch was beaten. Bruce Lutchmedial by unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 49-46)
- Steve Herelius def. Juan Torres by split decision (48-47, 47-48, 49-46)
- Francisco Ricchi beat Brian Maxwell via TKO – Round 2, 1:25
- Montaser Aboughaly a battu. Luke Parson par KO – Round 1, 0:34
- Famez def. Paul Teague by KO – Round 1, 0:17
- Yosdenis Cedeno defeated. Alan Arzeno by split decision (49-46, 46-49, 49-46)
- Eduardo Conception def. Gabriel Brown by KO – Round 1, 0:05