ABC has decided not to play ball with Chris Harrison.
Longtime ‘Bachelor’ host was paid $ 9 million upon exit from the franchise, Variety reported on Friday – despite demanding a $ 25 million payout as Page Six reported previously.
In a new report, Variety has revealed that Harrison, who left the franchise after defending the past racist actions of a former competitor, was awarded around $ 10 million – a combination of a $ 9 million exit settlement. and the remaining contractual costs.
A source previously told Page Six that the 49-year-old was ready to spread the dirt if the network didn’t fork out the money.
CHRIS HARRISON ASKED A PAYMENT OF $ 25M FOR A “BACHELOR”, THREATENED TO SPILL DIRT: REPORT
Variety also reported that part of the agreement he signed included a public statement on “amicable separations.”
A source told Page Six earlier this month, “Chris Harrison’s entire life has been ‘The Bachelor’ and he just didn’t want to let go. It is always really sad to leave, and there have been very difficult and very heated negotiations going on for weeks. “
Harrison’s exit was announced in June, months after defending Bachelor candidate Rachael Kirkconnell for attending an Antebellum-themed party at college. Although he was quick to apologize, Variety reported that he was unaware of “the attention his response was receiving and that he didn’t realize how bad the TV interview would become. problematic ”.
“BACHELOR”: WHO COULD BE PARTICIPATING IN THE ACCOMMODATION NOW THAT CHRIS HARRISON IS OUT?
Less than a week later, he announced that he was “stepping away” from his duties as host of the show. After a quick spinoff, ABC named former “Bachelorette” contestants Kaitlyn Bristowe and Tayshia Adams as the new season hosts for the Katie Thurston reality show. Page Six has announced that their popular “Bachelor in Paradise” spin-off will feature a revolving door of celebrity hosts throughout the season.
Ahead of his official release from the series, Harrison hired prosecutor Bryan Freeman, Page Six exclusively reported. Freeman also represented Gabrielle Union in her argument with NBC’s “America’s Got Talent.”
Meanwhile, Kirkconnell apologized for her past behavior and asked people to stop defending her.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“It is not for us to tell people what they can and cannot be offended about. It’s wrong. And that is part of the problem. So please stop saying I didn’t do anything wrong. It’s not true, ”she said.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER