Vanessa Redgrave will not act against Kevin Spacey in her “comeback” movie The Man Who Drew God –

0
9
Vanessa Redgrave will not act against Kevin Spacey in her “comeback” movie The Man Who Drew God – fr


Vanessa Redgrave will not appear in what is considered Kevin Spacey’s “comeback” movie, The Man Who Drew God.

The actress, 84, was attached to the project, which is run by her husband Franco Nero, 79.

She was thought to play a small role opposite Spacey, 61, who takes on the role after a series of sexual harassment and abuse allegations against him, removing him from the theater world for three years.

Decline politely: Vanessa Redgrave will not appear in what is considered Kevin Spacey’s “comeback” movie, The Man Who Drew God

However, a statement released by her representatives on Wednesday said: “Vanessa Redgrave’s name is included in recent stories relating to the casting of the upcoming film The Man Who Drew God.

“While there have been discussions about the possibility of her joining the cast, she will not appear in the film. “

It was added that she would not comment further on the matter.

The film, known in Italian as L’uomo Che Disegnò Dio ‘, would see Spacey play a detective investigating a wrongly accused pedophile.

It comes after Spacey’s career collapsed following a series of complaints of sexual misconduct by underage men.

Couple: The actress, 84, was attached to the project, which is being directed by her husband Franco Nero, 79 [pictured 2019]

Couple: The actress, 84, was attached to the project, which is being directed by her husband Franco Nero, 79 [pictured 2019]

Producer Louis Nero recently told Variety that Redgrave is due to appear as a piano teacher, as long as Covid’s travel restrictions allow him to travel from the UK to Italy to film.

This factor was not addressed in his representative’s statement.

Redgrave is a six-time Oscar nominated actress, winning the coveted gong in 1977 for the film Julia.

Her next projects include The Lost Girls and Alice, Through the Looking.

Old friends?  Spacey and Redgrave are pictured together in New York in 2001

Old friends? Spacey and Redgrave are pictured together in New York in 2001

The man who drew God sees Nero himself playing a blind artist, able to use people’s voices to draw their exact physical characteristics. But as his fame and popularity grew, he was wrongly accused of sexual abuse.

Spacey may soon begin filming the production, according to the Telegraph, in what would be his first major performance since the abuse scandal erupted.

Spacey had been one of Hollywood’s biggest stars but faced scandal after claiming to sexually assault Star Trek actor Antony Rapp, who was 14 at the time.

This sparked accusations from other men about his behavior, but none ever reached court and was denied.

Cast: The couple are seen at the London Evening Standard Theater Awards, at the Royal Opera House in London in 2009

Cast: The couple are seen at the London Evening Standard Theater Awards, at the Royal Opera House in London in 2009

Rapp’s public comments about him prompted Spacey to go gay in 2017.

He said he did not recall such a meeting with Rapp but apologized if the allegations were true.

Last year, he compared his fall from grace to the coronavirus pandemic and complained of losing his job over the charges.

Spacey described his “painful” trip three years after being accused of assault by a series of men and said he could relate to workers made redundant as the Covid-19 spread.

Happy: Redgrave married Nero in 2006, having known each other for years [pictured in 1970] and while he is directing the film his wife will not be playing it

Happy: Redgrave married Nero in 2006, having known each other for years [pictured in 1970] and while he is directing the film his wife will not be playing it

In comments on an interview for the Bits & Pretzels podcast, said, “I don’t think anyone is surprised to say that my world completely changed in the fall of 2017.

“My job, many of my connections, my position in my own industry all disappeared within hours.

Not only was he fired from the Netflix hit House Of Cards, but he was also pulled from the completed film All The Money In The World, which was reprized with actor Christopher Plummer in his role.

Spacey, who hasn’t appeared in a professional movie or series since the charges were laid, said: “I don’t often like telling people I can understand their situation because I think it undermines it. experience they may have. is their own unique and very personal experience. ‘

Spacey added, “But in this case, I feel like I can understand what it’s like to see your world suddenly come to a halt.

“And so, even though we’ve found ourselves in similar situations, albeit for very different reasons and circumstances, I still believe that some of the emotional struggles are very similar.

“And so, I empathize with what it feels like to suddenly be told that you can’t go back to work or that you might lose your job and that’s a situation that you absolutely don’t. no control. “

Accused: Spacey had been one of Hollywood's biggest stars but faced scandal after claiming to sexually assault Star Trek actor Antony Rapp, then 14. [pictured on trial in 2019]

Accused: Spacey had been one of Hollywood’s biggest stars but faced scandal after claiming to sexually assault Star Trek actor Antony Rapp, then 14. [pictured on trial in 2019]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here